Panic buying / stocking up

Londo

LE
Can't see what's wrong with those bananas. Same probably goes for much of the rest.
I have seen bananas being sold in the shops far browner than that .

I have seen bananas being sold in the shops far browner than that .
There'll be a shitload more of this , when all the pasta passes its best before date.

Londo

LE
I tend to take my exercise very late at night. I’m going to save a fortune passing all those bins
There will be tens of thousands who panic bought on their credit cards and they will soon be shouting they have no money . No food either by then either :rolleyes:
Also leave some in the bottom of the bins for @Kirkz he has a skip to fill .

There will be tens of thousands who panic bought on their credit cards and they will soon be shouting they have no money . No food either by then either :rolleyes:
What's the betting that the households who panic bought fresh fuit and veg, fresh bread, dried pasta, jars of tomato sauces and tins of beans have mostly been eating pasta, tomato sauces and beans while the fresh food went manky at the back of a cupboard?

What's the betting that the households who panic bought fresh fuit and veg, fresh bread, dried pasta, jars of tomato sauces and tins of beans have mostly been eating pasta, tomato sauces and beans while the fresh food went manky at the back of a cupboard?
Funny you should say that.
Just simmering thin cut turkey breast roast with a tin of ratat- tooly (with a healthy dash of Piri Piri 'erbs with sticky posh Jasmine rice in lemon juice.
No idea what it will taste like like it smells & looks epic!
So far. :rolleyes:

I used to know a guy who would only eat bananas that were black (they were so sweet they were awful).
I had one of those last week. Had to force myself to eat it. I prefer bananas with a hint of green.

Londo

LE
I had one of those last week. Had to force myself to eat it. I prefer bananas with a hint of green.
Mine I prefer just a hint overripe , , no green and just a hint of brown .

I used to know a guy who would only eat bananas that were black (they were so sweet they were awful).
Better used in a pudding by then, the sweetness works in their favour that way

Tried to buy bog roll but none to be had anywhere. It was then I spotted tumble dryer sheets and thought what the hell and bought some. They do the job just great with the added bones that my old arrse smells like summer breeze and for the first time in years is now wrinkle free.

Careful with your drains. They might block with that stuff.

Careful with your drains. They might block with that stuff.
No problem mate, bagged and burnt.

BTW, you know I was just kidding...right?

Last edited:
Tried to buy bog roll and soap st the weekend . Epic fail on both counts here in South Australia loads of fresh vegetables and fruit though but not a lot of meat though

Tool

LE
It was reported a while ago that £1bn worth of food had been bought across the UK in just one week.
Can't remember where it was, but I saw a figure of 30% more food waste over the past week or two than normal.

Latest Threads