Panic buying / stocking up

That takes brain cells to realise that. Something God was not geneurous with when it came to scousers.

Oh dear, what a shame...and you know the rest.
The up side is they're semi domesticated and can be herded and kept as a source of protein when the the nuclear winter kicks off.

Noosa farmers' market today........everything available.

Shortage me arrse.
Same round here. The farmers markets are well stocked. Took a trip up Mangrove Mountain on the Central Coast hinterland and all the farm shops are open and we’ll stocked with seasonally available goods. Singos outlets have plenty of meat.

The sheeple are still looking at the shelves in Coles and Woolies and crying.

The current weird shortage seems to be skimmed milk. There’s suddenly none in the shops but gallons of semi skimmed. Has Joe Wicks convinced everyone to go on a diet?

The up side is they're semi domesticated and can be herded and kept as a source of protein when the the nuclear winter kicks off.
They might do for pet food-preferably eaten alive, but for human consumption?. Please don't be offended if I take a rain check on that one.

The current weird shortage seems to be skimmed milk. There’s suddenly none in the shops but gallons of semi skimmed. Has Joe Wicks convinced everyone to go on a diet?
I've read that the major supermarkets have stopped stocking skimmed, just full fat and semi-skimmed, seemingly to help simplify the food supply chain. And all in the 4 pint size only.

The amount that has been dumped must have cost a fair bit of wasted dosh - serve the greedy feckrs right. Some of the photos are supposed to have been taken in Derby, although they could have been taken almost anywhere.
It was reported a while ago that £1bn worth of food had been bought across the UK in just one week.

A few pictures mean nothing, the media is determined to create fake news out of anything these days, the owners of those bins could have gone away, been ill or their freezers broke down.
I agree that unless photos are corroborated they are useless however we live in a wasteful society so it will happen. That I have no doubt of.

We didn't panic buy once and have been using up the stuff that's been clogging up the cupboards up till now. I find it hard to believe that anyone had completely empty cupboards before they decided it was the apocalypse. The only issue is we've been eating less luxurious foods.

My latest gripe is that now we are actually struggling to shop at all with this one in one out rule. This NHS hour is great but funnily enough my missus is working most of the hours it's available and the next time she can go is next Saturday. I'm not allowed in as I'm not NHS so I try and go before work which has become impossible with the queues.

I did try reasoning with Tesco's security to allow me to the front of the queue but was told no as I'm not NHS.

Bit of a kick in the teeth given we are both working long hours and so far seven days a week due to staff shortages at both our establishments.

Application of common sense is lacking with some people.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've read that the major supermarkets have stopped stocking skimmed, just full fat and semi-skimmed, seemingly to help simplify the food supply chain. And all in the 4 pint size only.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I've been on skimmed for years, semi is like drinking cream and makes my tea and coffee taste shite.

You'll spot the hoarders from the overflowing food recycling bins outside people's houses in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Into whose rectal spaces such bins’ contents need to be forcibly inserted!

I'd say that I'd hope that you are joking. However I popped into my local Tesco today and the wines and spirits aisle was stripped except for a number of single malts. It was totally out of meat and a lot of tinned stuff was gone, although there was plenty of corned beef and spam. Toiletries of all types were looking rather scarce as well.

The bread aisle and toilet paper shelves were full, so panic buying appears to be happening in waves.
My local (chain) bottleshop has reasonable stocks of the most popular lines, and has cunningly “IKEA’d” from the front door entry, around the wine various to access the cold/not cold beer spaces (heaps of Fosters/VB for the Bogans), then past the liquors etc to the cash registers, card only thanks, to the exit ... every cloud etc, etc

Slime

LE
It was amusing to hear that there will be a world condom shortage soon as the company producing 20% of the worlds condoms has gone into lockdown.

The possibly for gags on a new type of self isolation should be fun :)

NSP

LE
Is that the day it’s your round in the wardroom?
We're civvies. We have a common mess and a lounge. And our ship's are now dry - and have been since around 2002.

Sadly...

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are you fighting fit again now? Do you reckon it was Kung flu?
Very mild cough now. Certainly on the mend.

Cant be certain that it was King Flu, but if it wasn’t it’s the worst fucking chest infection I’ve ever experienced.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Having joked about running out of wholegrain mustard it would appear that I spoke too soon.

Shopping in 2 different locations yesterday. In both, the condiments shelves had taken a big hit.

No Mustard of any sort in either except English mustard powder.

No wholegrain, dejon, french, or any other various types that are usually there
there is only English mustard, the rest is yellow sauce.

It was reported a while ago that £1bn worth of food had been bought across the UK in just one week.
The first Thursday to Sunday of panic buying our sales were up by £700k for those 4 days, for one supermarket.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads