Panic buying / stocking up

As foretold by some a couple of weeks ago
I know the feeling, we must have at least a months supply of fresh fruit and veg, the freezers full, we have enough tinned food to survive a zombie apocalypse and yet our wine stocks are running low

First world problems....

TBH, being a good chap and doing as HMG ask's i've not been in a shop all week is it still crazy on bum roll
None in supermarkets I've been, local stores for local people have them if you're prepared to pay local shop prices

Anyone had to come up with innovative arse wiping solutions given the total absence of Andrex from the shelves?
Tins of tuna, use the tuna but keep the tuna oil

After a poo liberally apply tuna oil to your bum, and the cats will lick it all clean for you

Job jobbed....

Dr Death

War Hero
Now mass purchase of 1 item is reduced to 2 or 3 items more in for all.
Porridge oats, pasta & rice in stock now and also UHT Milk, soap, hand wash & booze.
But Sainsbury's sold out of wine, so a 1 litre of Hendricks will do for now.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Seeing all these posts on Facebook with empty shelves in Tesco made me take stock and have a think.

It hadn’t really occurred to me before, but I basically panic buy all the time. I live in the middle of nowhere. Nearest proper supermarket is a 24 mile round trip. Nearest place I can buy a pint of milk and a newspaper is an 18 mile round trip.

Once or twice a year we get floods or snow that mean we aren’t leaving the village. Sometimes this has lasted days.

Subconsciously, I always overbuy. We have an old dairy / cold room in the house that is completely full of stuff. Months supplies of bog roll, cleaning gear, a chest freezer full of food, tins, drinks etc. etc.

I reckon I have enough stuff in this house right now to see me and my family right for a couple of months before we have to resort to killing farm animals for scran and washing in the river.
I wrote the above post on the 6th March. So 3 weeks ago.

Apart from some loaves of bread from the local pub, fresh eggs from a neighbour and some bits and pieces robbed from the polly tunnels at the hotel, we haven’t been food shopping in this time.

Still got a good week’s worth I reckon. We could go longer but then it’s on to tins of soup and noodles.

I wrote the above post on the 6th March. So 3 weeks ago.

Apart from some loaves of bread from the local pub, fresh eggs from a neighbour and some bits and pieces robbed from the polly tunnels at the hotel, we haven’t been food shopping in this time.

Still got a good week’s worth I reckon. We could go longer but then it’s on to tins of soup and noodles.
Are you fighting fit again now? Do you reckon it was Kung flu?

Latest Threads