Panic buying / stocking up

2m seems to be 2 miles to some of them especially the old dear in front of me who was about 2 car lengths from the person in front. Her situational awareness decreased rapidly once she was in the shop when she was stood pretty much next to anyone who was by the shelf she was browsing.
Had a similar experience last night at the self service tills, every other till has been closed to enforce a bit of space between people. Person two tills down needs shop person to approve something and so jumps backwards as they approach. Only issue is she's oblivious to what's behind her and almost stood on my foot she was that close.

Then on the way out she's having a natter with the security bloke about how important social distancing is while blocking the exit so other people are having to squeeze past behind her. Apparently social distancing only applies to a 90 degree arc directly in front of you :rolleyes:

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The bit they don't mention, and I found this out comparing two types of filter, is that 95% means it filters 95% of stuff that is 3 microns in diameter or bigger. If what you are concerned about is smaller than 3 microns then more of it will get through. So we're back to how big is it?
Odd that the WHO are specifying FFP2 / N95 as the minimum standard not FFP3 / N99 - unless there really is something in coarser masks filtering better & for longer?

Speaking of chavs...

In what is believed to be the same incident, two officers had to call for reinforcements to get Brits at the Trebol apartments in Benidorm back inside on Saturday

In what is believed to be the same incident, two officers had to call for reinforcements to get Brits at the Trebol apartments in Benidorm back inside on Saturday

'British tourists have been filmed chanting 'we've all got the flu, na na na na!' and taunting police in Spain as they defy the country's lockdown during the coronavirus outbreak.

'Shocking footage shows at least 50 Britons, some topless and others appearing to sip from cans of beer, yelling outside a block of flats in Benidorm as officers try to get them back inside.'

bet Spain wishes it had the old Guardia Civil back to deal with that scum.

Speaking of chavs...

'British tourists have been filmed chanting 'we've all got the flu, na na na na!' and taunting police in Spain as they defy the country's lockdown during the coronavirus outbreak.

'Shocking footage shows at least 50 Britons, some topless and others appearing to sip from cans of beer, yelling outside a block of flats in Benidorm as officers try to get them back inside.'

Connect up some Fire hoses and flush the sh1t back, high pressure water to their faces to stop germs coming out.

I was thinking more of this Guardia

View attachment 460706
They still wear those stupid-looking hats, just not on normal beat up the crowd riot-control duty. The clothes may have changed, but I'm not sure the attitude has. There was a great incident on the Vuelta a couple of years ago when a Guardia Civil lamped an 'over-enthusiastic' spectator who was getting in the way of the riders on one of the mountain stages.

Latest Threads