Panic buying / stocking up

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just out of interest, how are they going to be compensated for the loss of trade?

Another question - if the islands depend on ferries and stuff bringing supplies, what happens if ferries cannot operate due to staff falling ill? Larger islands might be self sufficient in terms of food, but what about other things?
Hotel workers will get the 80%guarantee from government.
Owners might get self employed incentives as announced the day.

Ferries are now mainly freight. So lite crew needed.
Especially when, for Orkney for example, you're only running 1 boat instead of 2, and you have relief crews, so basically 4 crews for 1 boat.
Internally within Orkney, reduced boats in similar vein running food and supplies out

This shít’s getting real, the chippy van‘s not coming round tomorrow night :eek:

I was talking to one of the engineers yesterday who is based in Dublin, who services one of the instruments I look after. He says that the panic buying more or less stopped some while ago as people realised that the supply line hadn't broken.
With regard to toilet roll specifically, Mrs Pvivax and I are both NHS,I'm laboratory (Haematology)and she is nuclear medicine. In her case she is totally patient facing ,whereas I currently am not. We took the decision 10 days or so ago to self isolate from each other as she owns a property in her own right and that my usefulness to the NHS in this current situation trumps hers. I have been living alone for nearly two weeks. I loaded a new roll on saturday morning I have barely used a quarter (notwithstanding the one crap I've had in work this week) @Drlligaf our calculations would appear to be close enough. As I've said in another post ,people are greatly overestimating their requirements.
Yup. A single roll lasts me three or four weeks. I shit twice, maybe three times a week due to a metabolism fucked by the military and a year in the Antarctic.

I can't believe how colleagues can go through a roll in two days.

I thought I could detect your brain re my Sharty status ticking over.;););)
You're a porridge wog so it shouldn't affect you in those frocks you lot wear. Someone else will be along to clean it off the floor, no doubt.

Local walking distance Co Op yesterday - virtually empty - nothing of any use left. Drove to Sainsburys today and got everything I was told that we needed for the weekly shop, I suspect this is down to the two brands relative logistics operational ability.
I wrote before about our Boots equivalent selling out of bogroll, while the SPAR round the corner had plenty.
turns out the pharmacy place has loyalty points...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Local walking distance Co Op yesterday - virtually empty - nothing of any use left. Drove to Sainsburys today and got everything I was told that we needed for the weekly shop, I suspect this is down to the two brands relative logistics operational ability.
Same around here. Oddly an arrse mentioned last week the his local CoOp had their shelves full of stuff.Regional variations I suppose?
Our local CoOp has restricted it's hours from 06:00-23:00 to 08:00-19:00 so that they get get stocked up for the following day, yet everytime I walk past at 05:30 on my way to the station, the shelves are empty. Their delivery slot is an afternoon slot.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
Same around here. Oddly an arrse mentioned last week the his local CoOp had their shelves full of stuff.Regional variations I suppose?
Just been to our village Co-op (well, at 08:00) - not much of anything worth having, even though the short artic' was there yesterday afternoon.

Their "granny and NHS" hour is 09:30-10:30. They open at 07:00. One presumes the village locusts (and scavenging cunts from town) are at the door when it opens and clearing the place out. That or the lazy bastard staff aren't moving the stock from backroom to shelves with much vigour. They're shutting at 20:00 precisely to give the staff two hours to restock for the morning before they knock off at the normal closing time of 22:00, too.

NSP

LE
Yup. A single roll lasts me three or four weeks. I shit twice, maybe three times a week due to a metabolism fucked by the military and a year in the Antarctic.

I can't believe how colleagues can go through a roll in two days.
When I'm at sea it's once a week. Always on a Thursday for some reason.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Master Fang works in a Tesco.

He has been redeployed from fruit and vegetables to Social Distancing Coordinator.

The fact that he is a six foot front row forward is coincidental.

He has been redeployed from fruit and vegetables to Social Distancing Coordinator.

One can only hope he is given good reason to refer wankstains victims miscreants to Dad with extra "emergency" business.

Their "granny and NHS" hour is 09:30-10:30. They open at 07:00. One presumes the village locusts (and scavenging cunts from town) are at the door when it opens and clearing the place out. That or the lazy bastard staff aren't moving the stock from backroom to shelves with much vigour. They're shutting at 20:00 precisely to give the staff two hours to restock for the morning before they knock off at the normal closing time of 22:00, too.
Quite. Which is why it does not work locally.

When I'm at sea it's once a week. Always on a Thursday for some reason.
I bet you're a bundle of laughs on a Wednesday evening. Entering exploding mode.

Nothing to do with him quality controlling the grapes and strawberries then

BopBopBop

War Hero
Corporate vision.
email from Sainsbury.
You have been identified as a priority customer for home delivery. (age)

Corporate reality.
Website overloaded, unable to make payment, no delivery slots.

Latest Threads