Panic buying / stocking up

Having seen all the panic buying of shite like loo rolls and hand sanitiser I've decided to do a little panic buying of my own.

I've cleared the shelves of decent whisky which, being alcoholic, will make an excellent hand and throat sanitiser.

I've also stocked up on decent chocolate.

Stuff it all, if I'm going to die, I'm going to die happy.

And it's Friday

I was thinking of stocking up on something really weird just to see if I can get it mentioned on the news.

"Tescos out of tinned pilchards" or "No Bonios left"

Mrs works for Boots, just texted me saying that idiots are buying paracetamol and hand gel. Totally pointless, if people bought normally then there is enough to go round. All panic buying does is inflate prices and create a black market....

By the way anyone want comfy bum, only a fiver a sheet...

kimmi851

Old-Salt
Around here its panic buying of quinoa, almond milk and avocados. Also loo roll and pasta, but those are not as funny.

It goes without saying that I already had a larder prepared for the zombie apocalypse, so I don't need to stock up. I have been reminded that I am the only slacker in my social group without a machete though.

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Around here its panic buying of quinoa, almond milk and avocados. Also loo roll and pasta, but those are not as funny.

It goes without saying that I already had a larder prepared for the zombie apocalypse, so I don't need to stock up. I have been reminded that I am the only slacker in my social group without a machete though.
yes pasta but what if you can´t cook it, water.. better canned food with water. bulky true but safer and most canned stuff you can eat cold or heat the can like we did with the old Abbot.
even a siple candle would heat a tin of beans & sausages

offog

LE
Mrs works for Boots, just texted me saying that idiots are buying paracetamol and hand gel. Totally pointless, if people bought normally then there is enough to go round. All panic buying does is inflate prices and create a black market....

By the way anyone want comfy bum, only a fiver a sheet...
I thought you can only get 16/32 a visit or are they bringing the kids along and all getting max each time.

I thought you can only get 16/32 a visit or are they bringing the kids along and all getting max each time.
Some will go to multiple shops, so Boots, Lloyds, Waitrose, Tesco and buy a box in each.

offog

LE
M&S was empty this morning when I went in. The dine in for two was fully stocked as was all the other selves but then I do live a little bit up north so it may be idleness or not panicking by the locals.

offog

LE
Some will go to multiple shops, so Boots, Lloyds, Waitrose, Tesco and buy a box in each.
Let hope they take them all at once and save nature the trouble of culling the herd.

Once this Coronathing is over, folks will have to consume all they panic bought which means supermarkets will be running at a loss for a few months. Every Lidl helps. :cool:

While some stockpile others simply steal from hospitals.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've cleared the shelves of decent whisky which, being alcoholic, will make an excellent hand and throat sanitiser.
Stuff it all, if I'm going to die, I'm going to die happy.
And it's Friday
To be effective hand sanitizer needs to be 70% alcohol. If you try using that on your throat like you said you probably will die.

Cask strength whizzo is around that percentage, and a little higher.

I've got 50 litres of isopropyl alcohol in the shed I got from a closed down printers.

Just waiting for mass casualties to bump the price up and It'll be time to sell.

Latest Threads