Panama seizes missiles hidden on N Korean ship

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CivvyPete, Jul 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't see another thread, but thought it would be of interest - Mods please merge of there is a thread.

Looks like a bit of good intelligence work behind this. Fascinated by how story broke tho' - Panamanian President posted a pic on his Twitter feed! What next? Snapchat - "Me n missiles"
    BBC News - Seized N Korean ship: Cuban weapons on board

2. Sending MiG-21s half-way around the world to get them patched up? They must be absolutely desperate.

3. It is a bit hooky-it's all museum pieces, and I'm sure they could probably get a decent part exchange from any of a huge number of other states- It's probably because neither has any foreign exchange to waste, so they are doing it on a swaps basis.

4. They could have had 72 Harriers for £116m

5. No wonder they need Nukes if they're relying on Fan Song and Mig 21's to try and bring down the Imperialists. I'll bet the Cubans were laughing their arses off when they sold them. "Those Pendejo want to give us how many bottles of Bacardi for this sheeet?"

6. Don't be so stupid, nobody would be ****wit enough to, oh, err...

7. Well they aren't exactly flush with money or kit. It might be they'll upgrade it before bringing it into service/sending it back to Cuba, their mates the Chinese have well established upgrade paths for SA-2 and for Mig 21/J-7.

8. Being the conspiracy believer I am I can't but think that the North Koreans were doing a recce to see if they could get away with it, and if they had managed to get away with it then maybe it would be time to recreate the Cuban Missile Crisis all over again by smuggling their nuke into Cuba, definitely would put them in a position to be able to "rain fire and destruction on the US imperialist dogs" that they have been threatening for so long.