Pan-Balkan Medal

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Jester, Jun 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently returned from a tour of Kosovo.  While we were there we were told that the Kosovo Medal is no longer issued and that we would get the "Pan-Balkan" Medal sometime in July.

When I took my No2 Dress in to have the ribbon put on, the Garrison Tailors at Catterick had never heard of it!!

I have contacted several medal suppliers about a minature and they have never heard of it either.  They have heard of a "non-article 5" Medal but I believe that was for Macedonia wasn't it?

Anyone had the same problem or know anything about this?  ???

2. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

I am under the impression that the non article 5 medal is in fact now issued for all three areas of operations. Bosni Blah / Kos / Mac. I think you will be able to find more info on the following pages

http://www.nato.int/shape/issues/non-art5-medal.htm

3. Thanks for that, now that I am looking for the right medal, I have managed to find out more info :)

Apparently there is no ribbon available as the Queen (can I mention her name?) has not authorised the medal yet.  The amount of ribbon you get with it is too short to even swing mount it, so it is going to be a long wait.

However, I have found the minature so at least I can get it on my mess-kit :)

4. Jester,
    Have had the same problem but have found a firm in Lincoln who have the ribbon (blue with a central white and silver stripe) and are mounting mine as we speak.
    Hes the ex-master tailor for the Life Guards or something and makes a good job.
    If you want his phone number PM me.
    Wob

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

[​IMG]

Here's a decent photo!

6. You might want to wait on getting these ones mounted. Its been on part ones here that you can't wear it yet (not approved by Home Secretary yet or something).
    Wish I'd read back on 6 months worth of orders before I shelled out to get it mounted. :(
    Anybody have any idea how long it takes for Hoon to tick the box?
    :?: