PAMPAS

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by paywog, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this sounds sad but I'm doing a bit of a history thing and need a bit of info - Does anyone out there remember what PAMPAS stands(stood) for. I think it was along the lines of Personnel Administration Microprocessing Pilot Automated System.

Anyone???

PW

2. 'cough' Personnel Administration Micro Processing ADP System

with the ADP standing for Automatic Data Processing.

Fuck me I'm sad.

I was the PAMPAS guru, in fact I've just got them to take PAMPAS TD off my CR!

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

God. Happy days! Marvelling at the power of our 1MB computers. :D

4. was it ever in date,,,always was being called to fawlty towers to ,,update..
    your pampus record,,,added a few classics in my time,,army swimming test ,,passed,,,nbc,,,ect...great stuff..

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Mine was always up to date. :wink:

6. WOT??? no UAO F30 - do one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And look where we are now - the paperless office..........NOT!

7. Worked better than JPA.....

8. Those were the days! I hate to say it, but I was a B200 clerk at a manning & records office. I didn't take up their of going to Glasgow- now I wish I had- I'd be running it properly by now!!

9. Ahhhh, PAMPAS, how easy was that, oh well we have JPA now....GREAT.....NOT, as you say Moosaca, paperless office my hoop, I have never had so many localy produced registers to support this, so called, paperless system.

10. 1MB! 1MB! You don't know your born son!

I give you COFFER -Computerised Office for Field Force Enquiries and Records.

The Battery backup system was a large box of 12V car batteries - it was a four man lift.....ah the memories....... 8O

11. Stop, just stop. At this rate we'll start talking about A5 pay statements that you had to fold and staple before you could distribute.

Say that to pay clerks these days and they wouldn't believe you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Or the large green aquittance rolls. Monthly dice with the dole queue. :D

13. You still get them coming in asking for a 'casual' payment. Fcuk me, that went out about 15 years ago!

That was close. Nearly left off 'payment'. That would have took this thread off in a completely different angle. :p

14. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

What! No more 'credits'?

15. No, EVERYONE gets paid into the bank. I'd better add an 'eventually'. If you haven't got any bank details on the system, they send you a cheque.