Palins first interview

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Sep 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Not as good on interview as she is with a speech in front of her.

Naive and not so worldly wise as one would hope.

See here for the BBC link

Worrying as hell.
  2. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

She came up with stock answers (some of which were very similar to some of Obama's). Been watching this on US TV.

Actually, who cares, she is a MILF and you just would, would'nt you !

Aside from her shagability, and on a more serious note, McCain has played a good hand by picking her - he has picked up a lot of support as a ccording to CNN "she is very popular with men." No sh*t Sherlock ! She is also good to pick up the blue collar vote as a "hockey mom with a blue collar working husband...". Pretty astute rationale from the McCain camp if you ask me. SHe will either make it for him, or break his campaign. I think the former - naive ? Possibly. Stupid ? No. And she'll grow into the job. However, if McCain (old man) snuffs it, she could be President - now that would be interesting.

For what it's woorth, IMHO McCain has played what would normally be a winning poker hand but I am not sure it is enough to clean out Obama. At least this is a bit more of an interesting campaign than the last one.
  3. Her Finger on "the button"...combined with PMT ...whoops!
  4. Call me an idealist, but I'd like to float the following idea out there:

The people who are thinking of voting for Palin/McCain (and that is how they're looking at the ticket) based on the "she's just like me" rationale should be forced to sit down and have a good think for a couple of minutes about why nobody has asked THEM to be Vice President of The United States.

Pig-ignorant? Yep (Pun intended)
    Dangerously clueless? Uh huh
    Creationist, (wannabe) book-burning, hypocrit? You betcha

The nightmare scenario: William Henry Harrison.
  5. She's 44 mate; if she still gets PMT, it's probably at random intervals... 8O
  6. F'ing terrible. She grew up around near where my family lives over the border in Idaho. A rural hodge-podge of descendants of old Wild-West settlers and Mormons with rodeos and agricultural fairs supplying important cultural sustenance.

Not exactly a hotbed of intellectual activity or a recruiting ground for neurosurgeons.

Reminds me of a lot of uneducated but opinionated local females who work at supermarket checkout stands. Nothing worse than stupid and opinionated.
  7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

She's a bean flicker :?
  8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Oh great random intervals followed by menopause. Nothing to be worried about at all then!!
  9. She gave birth six months ago, I think.
  10. She'd still get it up the Gary Glitter.
  11. God, you hit it right on the head. She reminds me of the gobby broads in my Mormon sister's playgroup. Except this time, rather than control of the PTA, she's managed to wrangle that of a rather marginal state. By virute of a combination of "cute cheerleader" appeal and being an unknown quantity, I'd guess.

And THAT is the incisive political commentary I keep coming back to ARRSE for. :D
  12. Anyone who names their son 'Track' has got to be suspect

But I still would