Palin for President?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by viceroy, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To use John Cleese's words: "and here I thought Michael was the funniest of the Palins..."

I guess it is difficult for us Europeans to imagine, do you reckon she'd really have a stab at the presidency in 2012? Might she convince the core of the Republican party to give her a capable running mate as VP candidate and nominate her? Could Americans be fullish and disenfranchised enough to put her into the white house as the POTUS?

BBC News - Will Sarah Palin run for president?
  2. Yes she will and if she gets a very strong VP running alongside she would even have a chance.

3. With the nuclear deterrent in the hands of one who is "up on blocks" for one week in four, doesn't know what she wants but wants it yesterday and in lilac this time, not beige. Does anyone really need all that stress?
  4. Sure,why not.What could possibly go wrong?

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I feel it's only fair at this point to say that, yes, I would do her.
  6. Americans are not as dumb as the BBC would have us believe so I'd like to think not, then again stranger things have happened, look at Ronald Regan?
  7. Look at the noble peace prize winner they have at the moment.
    Not that we can talk about the Yanks and politics much, Blair won 3 elections.
  8. I would say that Sarah Palin doesn't have an earthly. She has taken heat from the pundits and has been demonized by the Left Wing i.e. the Democratic Party. She's even a punchline for the (unfunny) late night comedians like Jay Leno or Dave Letterman and Tina Fey does a wicked impersonation of her on SNL. If the Republicans want to win in 2012, they should stay away from Sarah Palin, the Left's Whipping Girl.

I thought her political stock couldn't sink lower until I heard today on one of the morning chat shows that Vice President Biden recommended her for the presidency in 2012; in fact he said she would beat the Purple-Lipped One. (Or at least give him a good work-out) C'mon Guys, this is good ol' Joe we're talking about here - Jim Carrey of "Dumb and Dumber" to Obummer's Jeff Daniels of that team. Hardly one you would expect to come out with a sage political pick. He's just trying to float a trial balloon to see if anybody shoots it down. Nice try Joe, but you and your chump boss are going DOWN in 2012.:threaten:

9. Just about time for Iran to build bigger bunkers
  10. not even heard the most rabid rightwinger attempts to defend her.
    to be fair blair was against
    major who'd had 2 wins already
    then the quiet man snore
    then a ****ing vampire can't actually expect the british public to vote for a member of the undead can you?
  11. They (left/media/dems [what's the difference?]) are pushing her right now cos it's almost time to declare who's running, and they think they can beat her (I think they're sadly mistaken, fwiw, she's been pretty much bullet-proof to all the smears and outright fabrications they've thrown at her so far, many of them even believed by many people on here). This is the MO every election cycle, hence why the media always pushes that wet fish Pawlenty, along with his wet mates like Huckabee, Romney etc, or last time round McCain. They want a soft candidate to run their guy against.

If even dumbass Biden is taking the line being fed him, it's certain:
  12. I was listening to P J O'Rourke doing a speech last night. He was saying she hasn't got a hope in hell of winning. There are at least 3 different Republican Governors who have a good chance. The GOP will pick one of them.
  13. Whose defending the great Obama at the moment?
    Major had only won the 92 election, Blair managed to invade another country based on a lie and yet people still voted for the prick.
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yeeessssss, er, didn't they also honour Blair with a prize for peace or something?