Palestinian state is recognised by 3 S.American countries

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Dec 7, 2010.

?
  1. Great Britain must do it immediately

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. It would be a right step

25 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Rather support

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It would be better to postpone the decision

12 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. I strongly doubt that it is right

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. I'm against it

22 vote(s)
    23.7%
  7. Such a stupid, senseless, anti-Semitic proposition!

14 vote(s)
    15.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Israel is disappointed (softly speaking).

Argentina, Uruguay to recognize Palestine - Yahoo! News

Do you think that the UK should recognise Palestinian state?

2. Would it make much of a difference if we did (or if we didnt)?

3. I believe that yes.

4. Such as????

5. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

If there was a reasonable chance of it making a difference, help usher in peace in the middle east and thus cut a major chunk of ground out from under AQ and the like then yes. As I don't believe ANY of those things will be accelerated by the UK recognising the State of Palestine I think we should wait and see...

6. The Palestinian state won't be recognized by the UK while Hamas is influential in Palestinian politics.

7. I don't suggest that British government should recognise Palestinian state immideately. It would be wise not to spoil relations with Israel (and with the USA).

However, such a step would demonstrate that British government is indeed independent and is not directed from Washington or Jerusalem.

Soon Palestinian state will be recognised by most of countries in the World. In this situation it is better to be among the first.

8. Or perhaps we dont give a toss about the Palestianians? If we did support the state would you accuse the UK of being directed by Iran?

9. As the UN considers Israel to be illegally occupying Palestinian land, by recognizing a Palestinian State the UK would be supporting international law.

When 1st elected Hamas made a statement recognizing the state of Israel and cessed military actions. Israel responded with the blockade of Gaza which continues to this day, making Gaza an effective prison.

International ruling (UN resolution 242) is long overdue. Until it is implimented there will be conflict.

10. But that doesnt really benefit the UK in any way.

11. Just out of idle interest. If Israel is blockading Gaza on those bits that border Israel, what's Egypt doing on the border that Egypt has with Gaza....?

12. The silence from the Arabists on here is deafening.

13. Own up, which three arrsers voted no? Obviously paid up members of the global Jewish conspiracy.

14. I think we should recognise Palestine because it sends a message to Muslims that the UK is not a "Zionist" state, and undermines support for AQ, for example here in the UK, and maybe makes it a tiny bit harder for the Talib to recruit their foreign fighters. Think of it as a bit of the "hearts and minds" capaign.

15. They would not take a blind bit of notice. The UK was one of the main players to protect Muslims from being slaughtered in the Balkans. Not the slightest acknowledgment from Islamic radicals in the UK.