Palestine in the UN

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Sep 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So why does the USA back the Jewish State today?
    20, 30 years ago I think it was to keep a hand in the middle East and maybe destabilise it. Now
    the mid east - apart from the oil is well****ed up. So wny support the red sea walkers , after 20 years its the same story.

What hold do the Yids have on the USA ?

2. No problems with the UN recognising Palistine, the shit will hit the fan if they recognise Palestine though.

3. The home grown Jewish political lobby.

4. Last time I was in Long Island, it was like Tel Aviv central, Loads of black hatted Hassidim with their own shops, speaking their own language.

Very much the Golders Green thing.

5. The Jewish vote is critical to gaining the Presidency. Despite being only a few per cent of the electorate, they have a disproportionate effect as they are concentrated in some of the most marginal areas, where a one or two per cent swing would affect the outcome, and they also have a tendency to vote en masse.

6. Shall I let you into a little known secret? Banks are owned by Jews. Politicians do what they are told to do by Banks. Ooh, what a revelation.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Volvos?

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Silly me I thought that banks were owned by shareholders, some of whom happen to be Jewish. While the Jews punch above their weight, let's not forget they are a powerful minority directly related to their control of capital, but it's as much social and intellectual capital as fiscal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stamford Hill.

10. HHH

HHH LE

They have a very good political lobby.

11. I've lived on Long Island for years, where can I find me these loads of Hasidim? As so far I havent seen any large numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I hear they drink the blood of christian children as well, coming to the EDL meeting tonight?

• Like Like x 6
  13. Derp.

14. Why so Bob Why should anyone - other than their neighbours - be worried about Israels reaction ?

Personally I just wish the USA would grow some and put the Israelis back in their box. Its like watching some over-indulgent parent and their obnoxious arrogant teenage kid - " Best not say anything, its easier than putting up with the tantrums...."

• Like Like x 4
  15. Wow, I think the majority of you is fantastically missing the point.

First, the majority of the US considers itself identifying with christianity, not judaism. Second, that identity to some fundamentalists have a causal effect to want to protect the jews, while as it was explained to me, they are considered gods chosen people and even if they are not christian, they are somehow afforded a free pass or something like that. I'm an atheist so I think it's all really bullshit. But that leads me to the third and last point.

Almost all Americans, christian, jew. atheist, what have you, pretty much all view israel as a bastion of sanity in a sea of hateful ultra religious islamist facists and theocratic dictatorships. Besides, we may believe jews are bumping people off, they are not flying planes into buildings.

The reality and the perception may be two different things, but all things being equal, perception is reality.

There is no doubt in my mind what the arabs are capable of, especially espoused in the culture of hate and divisiveness mixed with thousands of years of tribal mentality as well as a healthy dose of fatalistic religion mixed in.

You also have the very real logistics issue. The land simply cannot absorb all those people, so where are they supposed to go? Some may suggest mass graves, others may suggest the sea, and many Americans may suggest that neither is acceptable.

• Like Like x 1