ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

'Pale Rider'- will the Spanish Influenza resurface

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Riddickulouse, Jul 3, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, there's enough inspiration in literature and film, 12 Monkeys, Tom Clancy's Executive Orders and Rainbow Six, 24 etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Either of whom could think you under the table, you tediously repetitious dunce.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I've got a sore throat, I'll let you know if it turns out to be the end of the world cold

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JCC

JCC Swinger

There was a novel I read many years ago where some great big bad thing was happening and the West quietly crop-sprayed India, Africa etc one night to reduce the population load on the planet; there's quite a few great big bad things happening right now I'm told.

5. Go to bed you alcoholic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

As far as good humoured dystopian bastardry goes it's difficult to critique. :D

7. overopensights

overopensights LE Book Reviewer

They'll never get my porridge! Never!

8. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash LE Moderator

Can we assume that unless we think that virii are intelligent at some level or just subject to random mutations?

Or perhaps is it not that some of us mutate as well and will therefore not be as vulnerable?

9. That old cliche about there being old or bold, but not both, may apply.
    Rather than any outbreak taking out the old, perhaps they've managed to reach advanced age by avoiding such outbreaks?

I'm more inclined to think it may be " generation snowflake" that takes the hit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Viruses, not Virii or even Viri.

Plural form of words ending in -us - Wikipedia

11. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash LE Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Apologies Brother. Had I known you were a fellow CB alumnus I wouldn't have dissed you publicly. Mentula Sum. :D

• Like Like x 1