'Pale Rider'- will the Spanish Influenza resurface

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Riddickulouse, Jul 3, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Liar

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Sorry for my poor English, I'd forgot that in Modern Underseptic English word "to think" means "to parrot Septic nonsense", and old meaning of this word have no denotation in the modern British reality.

3. You are looking at this in the wrong way.

a. Giving coffin dodgers the wrong vaccine in 2015/16 saved £28bn of pension liabilities
    Flu jab blunder brought unexpected benefits for Britain’s pension black hole

b. inheritance from coffin dodgers to consumer driven snowflake beneficiaries and death duties to the exchequer will stimulate the economy, but not quickly enough
    Millennials set to reap huge rewards of inheritance boom

To leave a better world than you arrived in, work until you collapse and then do a Dignitas.

Also Booze and Cigarettes - the joy they give and the tax they provide is a win-win, it should be seen as a National Service as it hastens to the grave, enables earlier expiration and optimises inhumation.

This is not a new idea

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. I hovered my mouse over the show ignored content and it told me there was hidden content from Yars. Can I assume the site's resident spastic is still harping on about destroying the west?

5. Yes. You're not missing a thing. His poor English act is starting to wear thin too. ;-)

6. I ain't sure he know what he's harping on about.

7. Well, since most of YOUR information is so suspect...
    Gregory of Tours has it in Book V, 34
    A very grievous plague followed these prodigies For while the kings were quarreling and again preparing for civil war, dysentery seized upon nearly the whole of the Gauls. The sufferers had a high fever with vomiting and excessive pain in the kidneys; the head and neck were heavy. Their expectorations were of a saffron color or at least green. It was asserted by many that it was a secret poison. The common people called it internal pimples and this is not incredible, seeing that when cupping glasses were placed on the shoulders or legs mattery places formed and broke and the corrupted blood ran out and many were cured. Moreover herbs that are used to cure poisons were drunk and helped a good many. This sickness began in the month of August and seized upon the little ones and laid them on their beds.

Symptoms:
    Dysentery
    Headache (heavy head)
    Fever
    Vomiting
    Kidney pain
    Discoloured phlegm

Anthrax symptoms as per the CDC document
    Symptoms | Anthrax | CDC
    • Fever and chills
    • Swelling of neck or neck glands
    • Sore throat
    • Painful swallowing
    • Hoarseness
    • Nausea and vomiting, especially bloody vomiting
    • Diarrhea or bloody diarrhea (Dysentery)
    • Headache
    • Flushing (red face) and red eyes
    • Stomach pain
    • Fainting
    • Swelling of abdomen (stomach)
    The only unusual element is the kidney pain- and renal pain is a known complication, called septicaemic anthrax.

So that is a four probably 5 point correlation with Gregory's description. I'm right, you are wrong, and you are making yourself look stupid. Again.

What, exactly, OTHER evidence do you have to show otherwise?

You persist in thinking in terms of CBRN. (Possibly because you are a morbid weirdo who gets an erection while fantasising about genociding people?).

You should be thinking like a vet, not a wannabe concentration camp guard.

• Like Like x 3
  8. The only reason the posters like him no longer get banned is so that the mods know who they are and don't have to go chasing new accounts.

9. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Stupid animal...
    1. In Medieval diarrhea and dysenteria were two contrary diagnonis - "dysenteria" was any abdomen illness without diarrhea. So, there were no diarrhea (main simptom of intestinal Anthrax).
    2. Vomiting in 580 year was yellow and green, Anthrax vomit is bloody - red and/or black.
    3. Anthrax headache is result of general intoxication, headache in 580 was at the back of head and neck - meningeal type.
    4. Pain in rens - was in 580, and is not in Anthrax.
    Only common symptom - fever, but it is very common symptom, that can be in the hundreds of diseases.

So, clinical picture is very different. But even more different is epidemiologic picture - there was no even one case of Anthrax outbreak with less than 70% of cutaneous form.

10. Making shit up again. You need to have a word with the people who wrote your rapid rebuttal paperwork.

We both used the same source
    document.
    Gregory says NOTHING about the type or location of headache. That's you making it up. As to the colour, Gregory was no doctor, but a bishop, so I would just assume 'coloured' vomit and have done with it.

I said nothing about inhalation or cutaneous anthrax. That's YOUR input, probably because you have wet dreams about using it on people.

All the symptoms look like INGESTION anthrax, caused by eating badly preserved meat.

Side effects of ingestion anthrax are septicaemia, liver and KIDNEY failure.

Anthrax outbreaks in humans are very rare. Except in Russia, where reindeer herders get it. Oh look. It is seasonal, breaking out in hot weather. Like you pointed out earlier, and I explained. Sigh.

1,500 reindeer dead, 40 humans hospitalized amid anthrax outbreak in Siberia | VICE News

In the host livestock species, however, it was endemic until modern times, and as I have pointed out before, in Dark Age Europe, people lived in close proximity to livestock all the time, AND can be presumed to have had constant low level exposure to endemic cutaneous anthrax, which demolishes your last rather feeble point.

Can you ask your overseers to try harder with your rebuttal materiel? This is getting embarrasingly easy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Health Education board of Scotland have obviously been around longer than I thought.