Pakistans Coach Murdered

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by in_the_cheapseats, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Bob Woolmer has died suddenly after being found unconscious in his hotel room.

Read here

I hope it was just down to the pressure of Pakistans exit yesterday from the World Cup and nothing more sinister.

Edited twice as news moves on. Naturally - to suspiciously - to murdered
  2. Shocking news...RIP
  3. RIP Bob,
    A coach who defined methods taken for granted today.Interesting to see how he would have managed England if he did eventually get the job
  4. A sad loss to the world of cricket :sad: RIP
  5. Bob Woolmer was a great cricketer in his day for both Kent and England. He was also an excellent coach, who may well been in the frame to replace Duncan Fletcher. A sad loss and I hope it is merely coincidental that his death came the day after Pakistans exit from the WC.

Call me Columbo, but there is always something sinister about the way the Pakistani's cut about wrt cricket.....
  6. Bob Woolmer was an excellent batsman at Test level scoring five centuries and i believe they were all against the Aussies.His career at Test level was shortened by his participation in World series and then in Graham Goochs 1982 rebel tour of South Africa.
    A very sad day and again at a Cricket world cup a great name unfortunately dying.In 1999 Malcolm Marshall died after falling ill during the world cup in England.
  7. Many apologies to all.

Rant Mode ON

I have just seen todays copy of the Daily Mirror and on the front page it proudly declares that Bob Woolmer has quote "dies of drugs & booze overdose"

I hope they are so phucking wrong and the Woolmer family can sue this piece of crap rag.
    Totally disgusting speculation.

Rant Mode OFF

RIP Bob, I use to watch you down at Kent and will never forget your
    leading edge golden duck against Somerset (Botham, Richards, Garner et al) and you turning to the crowd with a grin and shrug and off you went.

Again, apologies to all

Mirror in bin
  8. in_the_cheapseats

Oh dear. That little nagging doubt I had after his death perhaps had a point after all. :frown:

Announced this morning was the fact that Bob Woolmers death is now being viewed as "suspicious"

BBC Announcement here

Now I believe any death other than that of natural causes, will be classed as suspicious by the Police in the West Indies. This includes suicide. However, I wonder how much money was involved in betting on a Pakistan victory in the last match?

There will be a full report from the pathologist later today.
  9. on the news on radio 2 it said 'a smal bone(?hyoid) in his throat was fractured,indicating he may have been strangled'. I hope not,bloody awful way to go.
  10. Omg i thought Bob Marley died years ago :S
  11. This is desperately sad. A nice man, who'd achieved a lot. I feel especially sorry for his wife, because the Jamaican authorities appear to be making a rather unseemly business of it all.

Whatever they may find - RIP
  12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

13. In light of the pathologist's findings, I hope the Daily Mirror will now have decency to make a big apology to Mrs Woolmer, and a big donation to charity.

14. in_the_cheapseats

More news this morning. The Jamacan Police have now announced that Bob Woolmer was murdered. Cause of death - strangulation.

As he was found in his room wearing only a towel, a strong indication is that he knew his attacker/s as there was no forced entry to his room. None of his personal belongings were touched.

BBC bit HERE

Will the Pakistani team be allowed to leave the country in the short term?