Pakistani schoolgirl shot by Taliban sent to UK for treatment

She was already being treated in Pakistan by a seconded husband and wife team from the NHS. I think it is a very clever and sensible move for her to receive the treatment she needs in the UK.

She was already being treated in Pakistan by a seconded husband and wife team from the NHS. I think it is a very clever and sensible move for her to receive the treatment she needs in the UK.
But why doesn't Pakistan have such medical staff? The girl was a campaigner for female education, that's why she was shot. Perhaps if they hadn't kept 50% of their population out of education, they might have enough skilled medics to do the work?

But why doesn't Pakistan have such medical staff? The girl was a campaigner for female education, that's why she was shot. Perhaps if they hadn't kept 50% of their population out of education, they might have enough skilled medics to do the work?
Partly because an awful lot of Pakistani medics, many of them women, work in the NHS in this country.

In fact 2 Pakistani third year students were present at my last visit to the local GP's surgery.

Do we get more shot children than them?
No, but we do have some extremely experienced surgeons who can deal with such traumatic injuries to the skull and brain. Skills picked up as a direct result of military ops in Afghanistan.

Pakistan government paying for it.

I assume if you or I were to be shot in head the waiting list for treatment might be shorter than for an ingrowing toenail.

Whole incident seems to be generating a backlash against Taliban, so just maybe there is some goodwill to be gained here.

Maybe a good idea to be seen helping out?

Or do you just want to rant against johnnie foreigners and darkies for a while?

From that it looks like one of the reasons they want her out of the country is the risk that someone might come back to finish the job.
Considering the number of her countrymen (and others of a similar mindset) in the UK it might not be a good an idea as it first seems perhaps?

Brilliant, she is more than welcome to come here and get the best treatment available.

Why?

Because she is a Muslim who has spoken out against extremism. She is a jewel to be looked after and encouraged in the hope that the rest of the peacefull Muslims will do the same.

She has more guts than almost anyone and deserves every bit of support we can give her.