Pakistan=World's biggest victim state?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muhandis89, May 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come on,

You can't expect to be able to just 'notice' the world's most recognisable terrorist swanning around in such an exclusive area.

Now, about the aid money, small currency used bills please. Our poor* need money to live.

*nuclear reactors

2. Rayc

Rayc RIP

The Double Game
    The unintended consequences of American funding in Pakistan.
    by Lawrence Wright May 16, 2011

.......But, at this pivotal moment, it would be a mistake not to examine the degree to which U.S. dollars have undermined our strategic relationship with Pakistan—and created monstrous contradictions within Pakistan itself.....

The main beneficiary of U.S. money, the Pakistani military, has never won a war, but, according to “Military Inc.,” by Ayesha Siddiqa, it has done very well in its investments: hotels, real estate, shopping malls. Such entrepreneurship, however corrupt, fills a gap, as Pakistan’s economy is now almost entirely dependent on American taxpayers

U.S. Support for Pakistan: A Long Messy History : The New Yorker

But, the only country that finds Pakistan to be a victim is China.
    Pakistan denies complicity
    Criticism of Pakistan intelligence is unfair

In the second article, the Golbal Times however mentions - 'China, a heart-felt friend to Pakistan, has also suffered from terrorism in recent years. Its frontier provinces are occasionally disturbed by extremists from within Pakistan. '.

3. If I had my way, it would be the worlds biggest, self illuminating, glass surfaced car park.

• Like Like x 5
  4. I think its quite unfair to expect a poor nation, pardon, the worlds poorest nation,which has the worlds seventh largest military machine and all the trappings of a nuclear power, to know what is going on a few yards from the main gate of their version of Sandhurst, in one of their main garrison towns, but of course they will work on the problem, if we fund it.

5. I had to turn that off halfway through. I just got too pissed off. (Angry)

I do not know why we are giving these people a dime.

6. Maybe India could do us all a favour.

7. And after some sulking we (well mainly DC) probably will continue to pour in billions of tax dollars and they (Pindi) will continue to redirect aid to their main concern (bashing India) and related goal (more Sharia regulation beards in Kabul) because otherwise things may start to get nasty (Afghan LOS shagged, no viable exit strategy, loose nukes, WWIII etc).

It's not unlikely Kayani and his knuckle dragging chums will do rather well out of this despite being caught red handed trading nukes, probably being complicit in 9-11 and rescuing AQ after Anaconda. They land a decade of multi-billion dollar appeasement and having their balls sucked by The Pentagon. I'm filled with admiration for the two face chutzpah of the buggers. We should start sending our guys to Kakul for basic deviousness courses.

8. Rayc

Rayc RIP

YouTube - Pakistan rejects criticism over Bin Laden raid

So, it is a failure of the world intelligence community?

Good one.

Pakistan has been given the name and addresses of many top terrorists holed out in Pakistan by India, they deny they are there as they denied Osama was in Pakistan.

Congenital liars.

Pakistan warns all that they will give a fitting response?

They are good at jokes. In fact, they have become a standing joke as a Nation!

Pakistan attaches high importance to it relations with the US.

Obviously. From where else will the money come to sustain them?

9. Remind where the newsworthy items are again in there exactly, all of this old news, some of it is as old as Pakistan itself. Will it change you ask? Not until the Saudis are confronted. Pakistan is a proxy of Saudi ideology financed by the US. Has been for the at least the last 40 years. I do not blame the Pak military establishment for milking the US for as long as they can, there are tougher times ahead for these guys and they wont to ride it out for as long as they can. As for the civilian PPP government, whoever thinks they are in overall charge needs their collective heads examined.

10. pakistan isn't really a state.
    the various tribes hold no alligence to said state its only excuse is islam and thats no even a uniform faith.
    As usual its the britsh empires fault the deluded fuckwits should have been told to remain part of india.
    it would still be the embarrassing retarded province of india (bit like cornwall) but without nukes or the ability to start international trouble

11. In fairness Sandhurst has an Islamic centre, three kebab shops and a couple of ethnic supermarkets even closer, do we really know what goes on there?

12. Rayc

Rayc RIP

India has enough of problems as it is.

Let Pakistan flourish on its own.

It can be great country if only they don't think that their religion is the panacea, the Zam Zam, the elixir of life and the Horn of Plenty!

That way they would do less pan-handling and not be kicked around the deck as the international pariah!

13. Unfortunately the very people in charge of that religion in the region have differing views from you. And by default, nothing is going to change in the forseeable future.