Pakistan returns to the Dark Ages

alib

LE
Creeping Sharia... in the dark!!!

At least the toilets will still flush....Ho wait a minute.

D

Deleted 60082

It's very easy to ignore/completely discount Pakistan. In my current job I work with two PAK Army officers. Both thoroughly professional, extremely intelligent and very funny guys. Both very devout Muslims, but happily will discuss other religions and jokes therein (and were surprised at the degree of religious tolerance in the UK,for example). Both have spent their careers fighting the Taliban in FATA; both were in tears with the attack on the Military School a few weeks ago.

Remember there are thousands of comrades-in-arms doing their best - and dying fairly frequently - to restore stability in Pakistan. if we give up on their country, matters will only get worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very easy to ignore/completely discount Pakistan. In my current job I work with two PAK Army offices. Both thoroughly professional, extremely intelligent and very funny guys. Both very devout Muslims, but happily will discuss other religions and jokes therein (and were surprised at the degree of religious tolerance in the UK,for example). Both have spent their careers fighting the Taliban in FATA; both were in tears with the attack on the Military School a few weeks ago.

Remember there are thousands of comrades-in-arms doing their best - and dying fairly frequently - to restore stability in Pakistan. if we give up on their country, matters will only get worse.

I thought it was only the Buddhists who recognised reincarnation. Well, them plus one rather special Palestinian.

Yes, well, I worded it that way, the attention-seeking guttersnipe that I am.
Grammar Nazis work all hours. You hof been varned.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It's very easy to ignore/completely discount Pakistan. In my current job I work with two PAK Army offices. Both thoroughly professional, extremely intelligent and very funny guys. Both very devout Muslims, but happily will discuss other religions and jokes therein (and were surprised at the degree of religious tolerance in the UK,for example). Both have spent their careers fighting the Taliban in FATA; both were in tears with the attack on the Military School a few weeks ago.

I think it was a Channel 4 news-team was out in the badlands with the Pakistani Army a few years back. They were asking questions of the unit's commanding officer about where the threat was, who, etc.

The interviewer said, 'But these are highly trained people you're up against.'

The CO didn't even flinch - 'And we are highly trained people.'

Changed my perceptions right there. An impressive man.

Latest Threads