Pakistan produces 20 year old malt whisky

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. here
  2. 'Empire-exported drinking culture helps in fight for liberty over totalitarianism.'

Well, looks like time to do a little more colonising, no?

3. One way to cure a hangover I suppose ;)
  4. Isn't that old news?

If any Arrsers goes out to Pakistan, they should consider themselves duty-bound to find out and then report back on this thread!

SLR (Not to be confused with SLR Boy).
  6. It's worse than wife beater- it makes you declare Jihad
  7. Pakistan also manufacture sub-standard squeeky bagpipes. put them together with the whiskey and you can understand why loads of them are going to Afghan on jihad. Their heads are pure mashed man.
  8. reminds me of when we were offered a whiskey in Egypt. The bottle claimed proudly it was made from only the finest grapes !
  9. Who can forget "Genuine Old Hong Kong Queen Victoria Black Dragon Scotch Whiskey (sic)". I wish i'd kept the bottle and thrown away the spirit!
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The Sikhs used to smuggle Indian whiskey (Star Whiskey if I recall?) over into Pakistan at great risk and for nice profit. Filthy muck, it was around 30 proof.

If you got nicked with it God help you. This in a country where, at the time, you could stroll into a chemist shop and buy morphine.
  11. Some mad man got hold of some Iraq whisky and vodka only diffrence
    seemed to be the colour .Tasted better than cyclume and alchol gel but only just :thumleft:
  12. Good job there's an export ban. Don't want Tescos or Morrison's ever selling it.

It'll definitely bugger up your oxygen sensor.