Pakistan Military On "Red Alert," Indian Strikes Rumored

#1
From al-Jazeera:

Pakistan media is reporting that the country's military is on high alert over a possible strike by India's forces.

Monday's reports come after a ratcheting up of tension between the two countries following attacks in Mumbai last month which killed 163 people.

Kamal Hyder, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Pakistan, said the local media attributed its reports to military sources, who were confirming that all three armed forces including the navy, air force and army were on red alert.

"The Pakistani air force have been seen visibly in a number of locations flying close to the Pakistani-India border in what is being described as an aggressive patrolling mode, following reports that India is planning pre-emptive strikes against locations in Pakistan.


"Pakistan military on 'red alert'" 22 December 2008
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2008/12/20081222102547699277.html
 
#4
Perhaps this may kickstart the stagnated talks on what to do with the long territoral dispute between them - the world needs it.
 
#5
Will we still be giving them both "Aid"?
 
#6
Markintime said:
Let's hope it is more brinkmanship than a portent of a war that would be cataclismic and could suck in most of the rest of the world.
A chilling prospect when researchers have interpretted Nostradamus to foretell WW3 from 2009-2012


Ohhh now that is scary.
 
#7
WalterWarry said:
Markintime said:
Let's hope it is more brinkmanship than a portent of a war that would be cataclismic and could suck in most of the rest of the world.
A chilling prospect when researchers have interpretted Nostradamus to foretell WW3 from 2009-2012


Ohhh now that is scary.
Would these be the same researchers who thought the world was going to end on New Year's Day 2000? :roll:
 
#8
Werewolf said:
WalterWarry said:
Markintime said:
Let's hope it is more brinkmanship than a portent of a war that would be cataclismic and could suck in most of the rest of the world.
A chilling prospect when researchers have interpretted Nostradamus to foretell WW3 from 2009-2012


Ohhh now that is scary.
Would these be the same researchers who thought the world was going to end on New Year's Day 2000? :roll:
Wouldn't those ones still be hidden in a deep underground bunker?
Or spending the fortunes they made out of the Millenium Bug!
 
#9
Markintime said:
Werewolf said:
WalterWarry said:
Markintime said:
Let's hope it is more brinkmanship than a portent of a war that would be cataclismic and could suck in most of the rest of the world.
A chilling prospect when researchers have interpretted Nostradamus to foretell WW3 from 2009-2012


Ohhh now that is scary.
Would these be the same researchers who thought the world was going to end on New Year's Day 2000? :roll:
Wouldn't those ones still be hidden in a deep underground bunker?
Or spending the fortunes they made out of the Millenium Bug!
Nothing to worry about, mate: there's no way the Lizard People/Knights Templar/Freemasons/Illuminati would allow the Pakis and Indians to start World War III...

...ahead of schedule! :twisted:
 
#12
Markintime said:
Let's hope it is more brinkmanship than a portent of a war that would be cataclismic and could suck in most of the rest of the world.
A chilling prospect when researchers have interpretted Nostradamus to foretell WW3 from 2009-2012
At least we wouldn't have to bother with the Olympics
 
#13
drain_sniffer said:
Markintime said:
Let's hope it is more brinkmanship than a portent of a war that would be cataclismic and could suck in most of the rest of the world.
A chilling prospect when researchers have interpretted Nostradamus to foretell WW3 from 2009-2012
At least we wouldn't have to bother with the Olympics
Sods law said it'll kick off just after the Olympics following Pakistan's defeat of India in the beach volleyball.............. :D
 
#14
A senior government official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, [said] the option of "precision airstrikes" on terrorist training camps in Pakistan would remain on the table if Islamabad did not act effectively against groups fomenting terrorism against India.

...

A Pakistani official who spoke on the condition of anonymity said
[Pakistani army commander Ashfaq] Kiyani told Mullen that Pakistan was trying its best to defuse tension with India.

"We want peace with India, but any aggression will be matched by a befitting response," the official quoted Kiyani as saying.


"Pakistani Jets Scramble As India Hardens Tone
"All Options Open, Minister Says in New Delhi"
By Rama Lakshmi
Washington Post Foreign Service
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/22/AR2008122202024_pf.html
 
#15
Al Jazeera has about the same level of credibility as Fox news... well... at least they sensationalize as much. If Pakistan and India were going to kick off as a result of Mumbai it would of occured shortly after the incident...
 
#16
Khyros said:
Al Jazeera has about the same level of credibility as Fox news... well... at least they sensationalize as much. If Pakistan and India were going to kick off as a result of Mumbai it would of occured shortly after the incident...
Didn't you hear we're going to war with America because of incidents from the 1800's?

Keep up with the times man :roll: :D
 
#17
If war breaks out between the two countries it will be a catastrophe. Many ex pats will leave UK to fight leaving us with no curry houses or doctors, and of course call centres will close.
 
#18
From anonymous "intelligence officials" via the Associated Press:

Pakistan began moving thousands of troops away from the Afghan border toward India on Friday amid tensions following the Mumbai attacks, intelligence officials said.

Two intelligence officials said the army's 14th Division was being redeployed to Kasur and Sialkot, close to the Indian border. They said some 20,000 troops were on the move. Earlier Friday, a security official said that all troop leave had been canceled.


"Pakistan moves troops toward Indian border" 26 December 2008
http://wire.antiwar.com/2008/12/26/pakistan-moves-troops-toward-indian-border-2/
 
#19
Khyros said:
Al Jazeera has about the same level of credibility as Fox news... well... at least they sensationalize as much. If Pakistan and India were going to kick off as a result of Mumbai it would of occured shortly after the incident...
Sorry Khyros, strongly disagree. Anyway Al Jaz aren't nearly as bad as say , Debka :D
 
#20
Of course, India and Pakistan chucking Instant Sunshine at each other is the nightmare scenario. But even a "phoney war" could have real consquences for the West.

If Pakistan is massing troops on the Indian border that means they have less soldiers to deal with Taliban inside Pakistan. Which makes it more likely that Obama will lose patience and send in American forces to do the job...
 

Top