Pakistan International Airlines A320 down

Shame you were not on hand at the time to offer advice eh?

Actually, that's given me an idea that could revolutionise air-safety! Make it a legal requirement that all passenger flights should carry at least one ARRSE member, to advise the flight crew in case of emergency.

Actually, that's given me an idea that could revolutionise air-safety! Make it a legal requirement that all passenger flights should carry at least one ARRSE member, to advise the flight crew in case of emergency.
There is a flaw in your plan. Should another ARRSE member be on the flight (perhaps for the cuisine and scenery), the resulting argument will bring the plane down even if there are no issues.

Slime

LE
RIP to all who have lost their lives.
While we can speculate from the comfort of our arm chairs, the passengers on that aircraft had no input into what the crew did or didn’t do.

AAAIA.jpg

There is a flaw in your plan. Should another ARRSE member be on the flight (perhaps for the cuisine and scenery), the resulting argument will bring the plane down even if there are no issues.
Are you kidding? It would never take off as they'd never agree on the procedure.

Be the safest flight possible, unless you got hit by a handbag.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
In that photo there appears to be a large bird flying just above the left wing of the plane. Possibly giving credence to a suspected bird strike?
Not unless it's a feathered Me262 - it's behind the engines and the cockpit.

TV news reporting that there may have been a survivor among the pax! Allah u Akbar, and go and buy a lottery ticket, as it's your lucky day.

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt
If no wheels down indicates a mechanical/hydraulic fault, then maybe no flaps. I can't see flaps extended in first photo.

In video clip the attitude of the plane seems to be very nose up long before the final flare on landing - maybe trying to keep speed down for a landing with no flaps - stall ?

Is this likely ?

Maybe there is some comfort to be had for believers that it is blessed to die during Ramadan.

At least one of the survivors confirms a brief touch down on the first attempt. This was followed by an attempted go round.

Still not confirmed why the go round was attempted, but by initiation the aircraft commander had determined the landing should not continue to be attempted.

Both engines appear to have been damaged during that contact this possibly/probably leading to their shut-down/failure.

Video just prior to impact shows nose high attitude. In a forced landing, touch down at, or just prior to stall, results in the slowest and therefor optimum ground contact speed. That there were any survivors is incredible.

Commiserations to friends and families of those who did not make it.

Last edited:

Latest Threads