Pakistan International Airlines A320 down

PIA A320 crash with a reported 107POB,

RIP

Edit,

A320-214 registration AP-BLD on flight PIA8303 appears to be the flight involved.(Edited again)

A screen grab from FR24,

Apologies if already covered.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
I saw that on my news app earlier on. I am pretty sure that not being able to make a landing three times in a row was a hint to sod off somewhere else.

Not try a fourth time and stack the plane into a residential area.

Back in the 70s (and perhaps since) PIA was said to stand for Please Inform Allah.

I saw that on my news app earlier on. I am pretty sure that not being able to make a landing three times in a row was a hint to sod off somewhere else.

Not try a fourth time and stack the plane into a residential area.
Could it be that it didn't have the fuel to try somewhere else? Is there a reason given as to why it couldn't land on those three occasions?

TamH70

MIA
Could it be that it didn't have the fuel to try somewhere else? Is there a reason given as to why it couldn't land on those three occasions?
All competent flight crews have fuel to make another airport, or at least that's what I've read on many occasions. It's one of the reasons frequently stated as to why the plot of Die Hard 2 makes no sense, and it's usually pilots that are saying it, not us normies.

PIA may be different - I'm not sure.

The reports of go round vary in the number but it seems only one was made.

One photo after a go around shows marks on both engine pod undersides, which might indicate a go round after an inadvertent gear up landing, but this is sheer speculation.

What seems happened is a double engine loss shortly after a go round, which could either have been from engine damage due to that... multiple bird strikes, or fuel exhaustion, unlikely due the post crash fire.

What is puzzling is any go round due weather seems unlikely as existing conditions would seem to preclude that, and at this point, either a mechanical problem, unstable approach in the final segment, or some pilot error causing it. The subsequent double engine failure after that, either as a result of ground contact, or, multiple bird ingestion.

This post on Twitter reckons that they went for a go-around after trying to land without gear!

This post on Twitter reckons that they went for a go-around after trying to land without gear!

Someone has commented that the RAT is deployed.

ETA Is that black rectangle below and aft of the port engine it?

Last edited:
Sorry but RAT?
The APU (auxiliary power unit). Basically he reported a problem on takeoff, said he was coming back in, got cleared for either runway, then said he wanted to go around. He went around, then reported he lost both engines (you can actually hear the engines in some of the footage shortly before he hit's the ground),the engines lost thrust at least, he went off course, missing the runway and stacked it into a heavily build up area.

Pretty awful but heartening to see them pulling together to look for survivor's in from the town.

Latest Threads