Pakistan intelligence says US gunman is CIA

Pakistan intelligence says US gunman is CIA - Yahoo! News

A Pakistani intelligence official said Monday that an American in custody for killing two men was an undercover CIA contractor, in remarks likely to inflame a crisis with the United States.

Washington insists that Raymond Davis, who says he acted in self-defence, is a member of its Islamabad embassy's "administrative and technical staff" who has diplomatic immunity and should be released immediately.

But the unpopular government in Pakistan is under huge pressure from the political opposition not to cave in to US demands, with analysts even warning that the case could bring down the ruling Pakistan People's Party (PPP).

"It is beyond any shadow of a doubt that he was working for CIA," an official from Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency told AFP on condition of anonymity.

"He's on contract. He's not a regular CIA guy, but he's working for CIA. That's confirmed," the Pakistani official said.
Police told AFP they recovered a Glock pistol, four loaded magazines, a GPS navigation system and a small telescope from his car, after the shooting on a busy street in the eastern city of Lahore on January 27.

A third Pakistani was struck down and killed by a US diplomatic vehicle that came to Davis's assistance. US officials denied Pakistan access to the vehicle and the occupants are widely believed to have left the country.

were did I put that tinfoil

If its not on Wikipedia then it didn't happen.......
Of course it is in Wikipedia long ago

Raymond Allen Davis diplomatic incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On January 27, 2011 a U.S. citizen said to be a consultant for the U.S. Consulate in Lahore, killed two armed men in the Pakistani city of Lahore.[1][2][3] The identification papers he submitted to the Pakistani police are in the name of Raymond Allen Davis, although initially it was categorically stated by the US State Department that this name was not correct.[4] He is now facing two separate criminal charges, one of double murder and the second of illegal possession of a firearm. The incident led to a diplomatic furor and deterioration in the ties between Pakistan and USA which hit a new low. The US government maintains that Davis is protected by diplomatic immunity under the Vienna Conventions and has demanded that he be released from custody immediately.[5] Foreign Minister of Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that according to official records and experts in the Foreign Office, Davis is "not a diplomat and cannot be given blanket diplomatic immunity".
Read a (big enough) article to learn about all details (maybe except the most recent events). You may read for example that

On February 20th a Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) report has referred to Pakistan's ISI stating that top-secret CIA documents found in Davis's possession point to him and/or TF373 (Task Force 373) of providing al Qaeda terrorists with "nuclear fissile material" and "biological agents". [99][100] According to the report, the combat skills exhibited by Davis, along with documentation taken from him after his arrest, prove that he is a member of US TF373 black operations unit currently operating in the Afghan War Theatre and Pakistan's tribal areas.[101]
Anybody may look into primary sources.

If its not on Wikipedia then it didn't happen.......
If I can't read a copy in the Moscow State Archives than it never happened and is an imperialist lie to discredit Russia!

[video=youtube;kVdVTVR-j0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVdVTVR-j0Q&feature=related[/video]

No shit Sherlock. In the next gripping Episode - 'ISI sponsors terrorism'

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Does this really require a thread? It's obvious he's intel, just the branch thats debatable. Look at what we knew when this first came out (certainly not in the last few days) -

Ex-SF boy, non - diplomatic cover but generic embassy post. Carrying a piece, meeting undesirables (Pakistani AQ?), alleged 'robbery', U.S. scuttling as fast as they can to hush it up and make it go away?

Not exactly brain surgery is it?

Does this really require a thread? It's obvious he's intel, just the branch thats debatable. Look at what we knew when this first came out (certainly not in the last few days) -

Ex-SF boy, non - diplomatic cover but generic embassy post. Carrying a piece, meeting undesirables (Pakistani AQ?), alleged 'robbery', U.S. scuttling as fast as they can to hush it up and make it go away?

Not exactly brain surgery is it?
I believe that it is something more than an isolated case with an individual. The case significantly spoils relations between the USA and Pakistan. The government in Pakistan is not popular and the wave of riots could come to Pakistan. Why not? As a result the government in Pakistan could fall and ... who know what would happen?

By the way, Pakistan as Egypt was receiving a big aid from the USA.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
If you believe that the U.S. is not running Operations counter to the 'official line' in Pakistan (without the Parliamentary or ruling party/families' knowledge - dependent on the place), and for that matter most other countries in the region, then you are not privvy to the way Intelligence operations are run. Especially where you have warring factions in a government, ties to extremist organisations and a fickle historical record of political consistency. Why would the U.S. trust them more than they had to?

The case significantly spoils relations between the USA and Pakistan.
Does it fuck- If International Relations were spoiled by insignificant tales of intrigue then do you not think the US would be a tad peeved it was partners with an overtly pro-Taliban intelligence agency in Pakistan who keeps getting caught out supplying weapons and intelligence to our enemies. You naive chopper.

Interesting turn of events, either he was being robbed and shot them, or he wasnt and murdered them. The copper in charge of the case said he was being robbed. The chief of police says its murder.

Now regardless of what people think of the yanks, and I am no great fan of them...is a CIA agent, supposedly the 2i/c of the CIA station chief in Islamabad stupid enough to murder two fellas in a city street without having his exit strategy worked out exactly? He would just calmly shoot them through the windscreen of his car, get out and take film and photos and then try to drive away in that car?

Ok the other car which killed the motorcyclist was rushing to get to him, but if that was the getaway car on a planned assassination would a CIA agent go ahead with the assassination if the getaway vehicle werent already in place? bollocks he would he would do it another day.

But now what? the Pakistanis cant release him to the yanks, the citizens would be in uproar, and what are the yanks going to do if he gets convicted by a Pakistani court? huff and puff for a while, not talk to each other for a while, but what else?

But the funniest bit for me is the Russian SVR saying that Davis was providing Al Quaeda (Pakistan Braanch) with nuclear fissile material. The SVR in Pakistan really want to be slapping their drug dealers about for supplying them with some wierd trippy shit to make them write that comedy material! Putin needs to be hanging his head in shame that his country are still producing some real muppets in the service of their country!

P

pp0470

Mr Davis was leading a diplomatic/septic oligarch vehicle through city traffic.

Motorcyclist & pillion were unofficial agents of ISI, trailing said diplomatic car. Mr Davis objected to this, by driving even more agressively.

Local agents flash the legally owned & registered handguns in attempt to assert some control on situation.

Mr Davis, having never been beaten in a pissing contest, goes all out action hero, shooting the panicking private dicks in the back as they fled. They never drew their weapons.

Diplomatic car occupants sit and stare in amazement, thinking '**** that coffee WAS strong' before suddenly realize they have to get out of there.

Not much room in that Lahorre morning traffic - amazing that only one disposable city resident was unavoidable on the escape route.

Facts may resemble this commentary.

This thread should be renamed 'US says US gunman is CIA'.

Apparently US media have known for ages, but stayed schtum at the request of the White House. Not so much the Grauniad... so now the sceptics have fessed - the guy is ex SF, now Blackwater/Xe, contracted to the CIA... talk about a PR fecking nightmare.

I love the fact that the US think that because an official in the US embassy in Pakistan stated he was a diplomat meant that he "should be extended all the courtesies of a diplomat". Do they really think that people are that stupid and simple? I am sure embassies cant just go around saying people are diplomats otherwise they would be springing out their nationals all the time.

I love the fact that the US think that because an official in the US embassy in Pakistan stated he was a diplomat meant that he "should be extended all the courtesies of a diplomat". Do they really think that people are that stupid and simple? I am sure embassies cant just go around saying people are diplomats otherwise they would be springing out their nationals all the time.
I'm a diplomat and so's my wife.

Sorry couldn't help it

Funny how the US stamps and fumes that Pakistan should follow the letter of international law and release their 'diplomat', but has no compunction about extrajudicial killings, extraordinary renditions, torture, torture by proxy and the like...

Funny how the US stamps and fumes that Pakistan should follow the letter of international law and release their 'diplomat', but has no compunction about extrajudicial killings, extraordinary renditions, torture, torture by proxy and the like...
Ah but they screwed up and didnt do their homework did they, whereas the Pakistan legal people did! I must admit I always thought, Embassy, Diplomatic, Consulate were all the same, license to break the law and have an international diplomatic legal bubble around you.. turns out consular officicials may be subject to local jurisdiction for grave crimes...such as murder! oops!

Latest Threads