Pakistan army air strike kills dozens of civilians

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tubbs1970, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8617843.stm

Rest in Peace.

Will your kin forgive us, or join the conflict against Western forces? I know what i would do in their position.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Wouldn't that be the Air Force and not the Army, or are the rest of us missing something? I wish as a squaddie I could fly jets....

3. Fox News

Spin spin and more spin. Who to believe?

The Left wing BBC or The Right Wing Fox News.

I think most normal people, will use both reports to extrapolate the information they require.

4. Thanks for the alternate view - i won't accept either fully now, but shall wait for the full story to come out.

If the BBC is giving an impression of a civilian massacre, can you imagine what the potential taliban recruits in the local area are hearing?

Maybe time for a change of tactics... ?

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Maybe its about time for a change of news source, The BBC are equally as crap as Fox News, they've been about as credible as Al Jazera for a while now, although the locals listen to Al Jazera more than the BBC anyway, which is a shocking loss of credibility.

6. Doesn't anyone find it odd that every single air strike anyone has ever done only ever seems to hit civilians and never a single combatant is reported killed by the locals?

7. Given that it was a pakistani jet, I fail to see how the logical conclusion is to fight western forces.