Paintings

Anyone know the artist who paints pictures of old miner type men usually the paintings have some blue in them, also looking for an artist who paints old fashioned lady's wearing black clothes, the one I saw she had her back to me. Any help appreciated

D

Davetheclown

Andrew .................. has he done some sculptures at Blackpool that have gone into the sea, the other painter, is it contemporary, classsical , impressionist, cubist, pop art, vetrianno?

Alexander Miller is the artist who does the paintings of the miner men, found it on google but I knew I would recognise his name the other I havn't a clue about. Painting was a woman with her back to me wearing a long black skirt, black Jacket, black hat, black tie up working boots, and just swirly shades of white and of white in the background.

D

Davetheclown

There are tons of art like that, you need to narrow it down a bit to be of any help

D

Davetheclown

its nearly 2 in the morning I am going to look tommorrow, if thats any help

DTC

Anyone know the artist who paints pictures of old miner type men usually the paintings have some blue in them, also looking for an artist who paints old fashioned lady's wearing black clothes, the one I saw she had her back to me. Any help appreciated
Can you give us some more clues, modern artist? British? When you say old fashioned what era? What style of painting? Where did you see the painting? Greeting card, museum, poster? Manet painted women in black clothes .... but Jack Vettriano (ex Fife miner) still does.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jac...eu0QX2rIDwBg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=653

This is a good search engine for oil paintings if you can narrow it down:

BBC - Your Paintings

Edited to add Alexander Miller link for those interested:

Alexander Millar

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mr.fawlty Military History and Militaria 1
H AGC, RAPTC and SASC 17
Ford_Prefect RLC 3