Paint Marker Rounds - OBUA

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Kybosh, Aug 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of our officers has got an idea that he won't let go and I need some answers so I can back brief him on the feasibility of the training.

And before I phone every training area Commandant, has anyone used the above ammunition in an OBUA complex in the uk.

Which one?

Got all the info needed on the actual kit and the conduct of the training just need a venue. (Officer wants OBUA)

Thanks

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. You mean he wants to go paintballing?

3. I wish, it would make my life easier.

The tit basically likes to over complicate every training ex he gets involved with

4. I don't know if it helps but Copehill down has been used for paintballing.

5. You may have the info on the kit, but do you have an entitlement for the ammo?

UAMS might be worth a ring a a first POC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Use 5.56mm Ball, it leaves a red splat mark when it hits someone, least you know they weren't cheating during your training.

See here ref paint rounds UK Armed Forces Commentary: The Infantry of Army 2020: Lethality only heard about low velocity rounds for training, wouldnt want to be the officer in charge when it goes wrong though

7. FF, just a feasibility study at the moment.

Ill get the TQMS onto UAMs

Im guessing the rounds are expensive and Bde will tell him to wind his neck in.

For my info, who normally uses this ammo?

8. Have used Paintball equip when visiting the yank Marines in Virginia beach. We didn't take it too seriously and just started seeing how much pain we could inflict on each other with point blank shots when your mate wasn't looking.

However in the UK we used a HK conversion system that if I remember correctly fitted inside the barrel of an MP5 and would then accept a small paint round that was fired by a .22 cartridge.

Bloody things really hurt as well. It was good though as you really didn't want to get hit so it was a bit more realistic. Our training was stopped though after one of the lads was shot on the cock, he was in a hell of a lot of pain. I think that there was a requirement for certain types of protective equipment and our guys had just improvised with helmet, respirator and the 90's style body armour.

9. Simmunition training is great, there are issues with it and some H&S requirements. It does provide a pain penalty which is good and real time info on being shot back at. Very good in house to house, room entry etc.

******* masks steaming up can be a real issue though, and before you ask yes I was a qualified simmunition trainer, taught by the company itself.

Soap/paint is good enough for them, it's good enough for you.

10. Got the ADAC numbers. Basically myself and the SMI want to chin this off. So the more info I can get on the difficulties of obtaining this type of ammo the better.

Not even looked into getting a qualified and experienced instructor yet

11. What advantage would it have over a TES ex?

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

So you have decided to find reasons why you can't provide some form of variety in the training because it might involve extra work for you rather than do everything in your power to make it happen?

You jack ****.

• Like Like x 7
  13. It's only for SF, CP and attached pers.

Only a small amount of simunition is purchased so expect the question “Why do you NEED to undergo this sort of training?”

Not saying it’s not worth a try, stranger things have happened!

14. What training area did you use?