Paint and brush selection

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
This will be a slightly unusual asking for advice thread. It's been 18-20 years since I've done any figure painting. Scale model painting of vehicles is something I've done exactly once.

But... I have a project in the works developing a tabletop game to play with some mates that's going to involve a handful of modern style war gaming figures. I'm after advice on the brands and colours of paint to kit out roughly a platoon of modern UK forces models in MTP (with maybe the odd old and bold recalled reservist in C95). Suggestions please gents/ladies?

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As stated above. I am a convert to Vallejo Acrylics but will use Tamiya or anything else about. Decent sable brushes down to a size 5/0 for small details and anything up to a size 3 hair for larger work. Acrylics dry quicker than oil-based paints, but oils blend better and are ideal for highlights and shading faces.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you near a Games Workshop, it may be easier to go there for paint, though more expensive, do not buy brushes/tools from there though. The mark up is insane on those, for primer good old Halfords, I'd use black for figures that small for sure.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
I may possibly still have some Citadel brushes. Somewhere... That's for the advice guys. I'll stick them on my shopping list for Vapnartak.

I may possibly still have some Citadel brushes. Somewhere... That's for the advice guys. I'll stick them on my shopping list for Vapnartak.
The coat d'armes paints and brushes are pretty good quality at a reasonable price. I'll have some on my trade stand at Vapnartak if yu want to take a look at them. I've been using them for years. PM me if you want any more information.