pain - left shin

did a bit of a test run this morning then:
1k easy slow jog (asphalf)
1k 90% effort (wooden chips)
<1k quick pace, mainly to get home quickly. meh (asphalt again)

no pain anymore. just a strange feeling in my lower leg after running.
so hard to pin down and faint that i'm wondering if it's just psychological. if i had to say where it's coming from i'd say the bone...

anyway, it seems okay, but not healed up 100% yet. i'll give it anyother weeks rest and start a new routine next monday (21st) with a short 3k >15 minute run before work. if that goes well i'll follow it up with a 4k 20 min run. if that goes well too i can assume that it's all fine again.

otherwise i'll definitely be seeing a doctor the same week.

sounds like a plan?

had a 30 minutes 6k run on soft ground after a 1k warm up on tarmac. everything fine! got blisters from my new shoes but otherwise it looks like the rest has cleared it up.

chuffed.

ugly

LE
Did you see a quack or sports physio?

Did you see a quack or sports physio?
no.... i'm almost paranoid about it now though when i read your posts! every twitch...

yesterday morning i did 5 laps with 100-150m sprints (while, 80-90% effort) around the same track.
was exhausting for such a short work out and so far, still fine.
tomorrow it's either hill sprints or an hour easy jog in the woods if a mate's going to join.

but if i get the slightest bit of the same symptom i'll be checking the yellow pages.

don't scare me guys.

Krek_Brizzle

War Hero
no.... i'm almost paranoid about it now though when i read your posts! every twitch...

yesterday morning i did 5 laps with 100-150m sprints (while, 80-90% effort) around the same track.
was exhausting for such a short work out and so far, still fine.
tomorrow it's either hill sprints or an hour easy jog in the woods if a mate's going to join.

but if i get the slightest bit of the same symptom i'll be checking the yellow pages.

don't scare me guys.
I want to scare you. Look, this was supposed to be my future and I fucked it in to a cocked hat. I just don't want to see someone else do the same.

I want to scare you. Look, this was supposed to be my future and I fucked it in to a cocked hat. I just don't want to see someone else do the same.
you're absolutely right of course and i appreciate it.

did 10 50m sprints up a 16% incline hill on saturday morning. legs aching all over even now, left shin still good though.

in fact, i can only feel my left shin when i look at this thread!

well after 3k my left shin started to stiffen again the other night....

appointment booked with sports doc. :'(

not sure if i should go for a run in the meantime. probably a stupid thing to do. but i don't want to go to the appointment without a symptom if you know what i mean...

ugly

LE
Dont run on it, pain at the appointment is so DSS. Try and write down all the symptoms and what seemed to be causing them ie type of exercise.

Krek_Brizzle

War Hero
Don't run on it for Christ's sake.

Run your index finger down the inside of your shin bone, from knee to ankle. Get underneath it as much as you can. Can you feel anything wrong there? Any lumpiness/swelling that hurts when you prod it?

no swelling or actual pain. i stopped running as soon as i felt it was coming back.

if anything it feels like it's between the muscle and bone.

nopes.

isn't it a bit late to take such measures as the injury is there now?

Krek_Brizzle

War Hero
Not at all. Fill a plastic bin with a bag of ice and cold water and soak the naughty leg for ten minutes after your run.

Also useful are polystyrene (sp?) cups. Fill a few with water and stick them in the freezer. Then, after running, peel the edge off (like eating one of those ice lollies, you know the ones) and rub the ice on the painful area. Go easy though, I once gave myself monster ice-burns doing this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frenchy1242 Health and Fitness 28
Dj_Roken Health and Fitness 10
B Health and Fitness 5

Latest Threads