pain left mid back any ideas

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by frenchy1242, May 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey all, i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about a pain i keep getting in my midback towards the left hand side, it just comes every now and again as a sharp stabbing pain. if anyone can shed any light on it i would be grateful,thanks

2. Have you a numbness in a leg? Possible it is sciatica..

Sciatica occurs when there is pressure or damage to the sciatic nerve. This nerve starts in the lower spine and runs down the back of each leg. This nerve controls the muscles of the back of the knee and lower leg and provides sensation to the back of the thigh, part of the lower leg, and the sole of the foot.

3. Sciatica, bones partially fused together, muscle spasms, who knows?

Won't find out over the internet though.

4. Well done you. Two of our favourite subjects slipped in under the radar. Any chance you could make use of your Caps Lock or Shift keys next time?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Take my advice, do not try and self diagnose over the internet, you will end up stressing yourself out!

Do the best thing and go and see a doctor!

6. That could be anything from muscle spasm through trapped wind all the way into kidney stones....away to the Dr with you! He's the clever chap with the cold hands who examines people and sends them for tests and stuff......weird idea i know but it seems to work!!

7. Are you in REME, if so check for knives......

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Does it hurt when you touch all around the affected area? If so, you might have a broken finger.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I had a sharp pain in the same place you describe, but it was constant after a few days, and turned out to be a urinary infection.....oh and my left bollock hurt that much I wanted the doc to chop the **** off. Still not sure how I got the infection, but I know I never want that again.

Anyway, the point is that you could have any number of things, so it is pointless asking people here what it is because a majority of people here are not of a medical nature. Those that are can probably give you pointers, but they may or may not be accurate. The thing to do is to go to your doctor and he can diagnose what is wrong accurately. The reason we have doctors is so they can tell you what is wrong and fix you, rather then asking a bunch of lunatics on the internet who won't fix you.

10. Wanking, **** sex, necrophilia, beastiality and poor personal hygiene.

Delete as applicable.

30 Euros, pay at reception.

11. It's that coke bottle you got lodged up your arse nudging a kidney, go and get an xray and post it up here!

12. Hmmm, I did have a couple of wanks on the morning of it all starting........didn't think wanking could be that dangerous! I just put it down to being in Afghanistan and the ******* in my accommodation having poor defecation skills.

13. Sounds like brain cancer to me Frenchy, try squeezing your head in a vice three times a day.

14. I feel eminently qualified to answer this, having worked as a secretary in a Neurosurgery department for the last 8 weeks.

It's a tumour. You have a couple of weeks to live at most. Any day now you will lose all bladder and bowel control. Say your last goodbyes now whilst you still have some mental capacity left.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think it's because you have been sitting on your wallet. Get a few rounds in there's a good chap.