Paid Civilian Employment During Gardening Leave

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by majorzeiss, Aug 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am having a problem getting a definitive answer with regards to starting my civilian career during the “gardening leave” period of my last few months in the Army. I leave the Army in November and MS have kindly put me on “gardening leave” from early August and I have been fortunate enough to be offered employment in a role which is termed a “crown servant” starting in late August. Can I be paid twice whilst on “gardening leave” (my Army pay and the pay from my new civilian job), will my status as a “crown servant” have any effect on my gratuity? Any ARRSERs able to give me the definitive answer(s) – my pay office were unable to help.

2. You should have had all of this explained to you when you had your resettlement interview. You can take up an unpayed 'work placement' as part of your resettlement - there's a form that you have to complete and send to your IERO so that you are covered for insurance and your expenses, and you may take up paid employment when your terminal leave commences. Your best bet is to get back in touch with your IERO.