Paging the Police

#1
Just as soon as we get one report on sensible policing(cf the lad that used the attackers shotgun on his attackers), we get another bit of inane policing, this time from cyclopsland.

Take a bow Strathclyde Police.


I really don't understand the mentality behind rubbish policing like this. It reminds me of the woman who was prosecuted, somewhere down south, for taking a drink of water whilst stationary at some traffic lights.

FFS dibble, get a grip.
 
#2
I believe that if you're on a carridgeway stuck in traffic you are considered 'in motion' therefore have to remain fully in control of your vehicle (even if stationary with the handbreak on and out of gear). For someone to try and enforce this is bizare, would they rather the drive was distracted further down the road when they had trouble breathing or a bogy which needed urgent attention?

Fine probably valid, Copper a knob. makes you wonder why they've ticketed him, statistics or something similar?!

Edit to add:

Definiton of driving is when the engine in running, even if stopped at lights etc.

Depending what he has been charged with, it is up to the person who has charged him to prove that his standards of driving have fallen below the standard that is expected. We'll have to wait and see what happens, I expect the CPS (can't remeber the Scottish equivilant) will drop it as they've no evidence against him.
 
#4
Maybe he had 'ACAB' written in dirt on the back!
 
#5
Thats his version of events. I find it hard to believe that the bobby would get away with submitting a file to his Sergeant in order to report this gentleman for summons with the sub heading of:

"Driver of Vehicle 1 Blows bogeys into tissue whilst static at Red ATS."

I'd suggest waiting to see what actually happened as even the youngest snot nosed probationer wouldn't dare. ;)
 
#6
Cow said:
I believe that if you're on a carridgeway stuck in traffic you are considered 'in motion' therefore have to remain fully in control of your vehicle (even if stationary with the handbreak on and out of gear). For someone to try and enforce this is bizare, would they rather the drive was distracted further down the road when they had trouble breathing or a bogy which needed urgent attention?

Fine probably valid, Copper a knob. makes you wonder why they've ticketed him, statistics or something similar?!
Which brings me to the question(no doubt asked before) what is the veiw of 'manual' gearchange cars..one hand off to change gear or one hand off to wipe nose..can you enlighten me..??..??
 
#7
It was in the press yesterday that the same plod charged a guy last year with littering. He had dropped a ten pound note by mistake. :police:
 
#8
Cow said:
I believe that if you're on a carridgeway stuck in traffic you are considered 'in motion' therefore have to remain fully in control of your vehicle (even if stationary with the handbreak on and out of gear). For someone to try and enforce this is bizare, would they rather the drive was distracted further down the road when they had trouble breathing or a bogy which needed urgent attention?

Fine probably valid, Copper a knob. makes you wonder why they've ticketed him, statistics or something similar?!
'tis the work of one PC Stuart Gray, a man aka “PC Shiny Buttons” and by all accounts a credit to the cause of innovative law enforcement.

He is of course the same PC Stuart Gray who famously issued a £50 fixed penalty fine for littering to one Mr Stewart Smith, also Of Ayr, who had wantonly dropped a £10 note from his back pocket.

You really could not make this sh1t up

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article7007172.ece
 
#9
After the apple incident, wasn't there a flurry of cops getting jobbed by the punters in revenge? IIRC one OAP shopped a copper for eating a sausage roll in a cop car :)
 
#10
Blogg said:
Cow said:
He is of course the same PC Stuart Gray who famously issued a £50 fixed penalty fine for littering to one Mr Stewart Smith, also Of Ayr, who had wantonly dropped a £10 note from his back pocket.

You really could not make this sh1t up
Somebody did actually just make that sh1t up.

A Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: 'An individual was seen throwing papers in the street.
'When he was spoken to he retained the money that he’d accidentally thrown away, but then repeated his actions with the papers. He was issued with a fixed-penalty ticket.'
Petty Yes - Stung for dropping the £10 note. No.

Like I say. Don't believe everything you read in the press.
 
#11
What a ©unt, bloke needs a proper good shoeing PC or not. No need for that sort of shiiit. I have colleagues in the filth and they even get fed up with this as it puts them in such a bad light... The filth get a level of discretion over the few years once trained so there was absolutely no reason for him to do it... What a ©unt
 
#12
Maninthestreet said:
An easy nick. Jobs a good un. Slow day ? Statistics to improve ?

Common sense is on the banned list these days. Especially if big brother is you're boss.
Very true, the police "service" is now so politicised and concerned with statistics, they always go for the EASY conviction, hence the number of speed cameras everywhere! It also makes it easier if the ALLEGED offender is white, no fear of the race card being played then, (you is picking on me cos I is black/yellow/brown etc)!
Policing can only be effective if it is with the consent of the people, this government & their politicised minions in the police "service" are so out of touch with the publics concerns on drugs & violent crimes, that they are alienating the average law abiding citizen by pursuing rubbish charges such as these!!
No doubt the moronic plod concerned will receive praise for his vigilance and be fast tracked to higher ranks, where he can alienate even more people at the governments behest!!
Having been in the Police, albeit the Colonial Police, many years ago, if such a nonsensical charge had been put before a superior, a few words of "wisdom" would have been uttered in the plods ear before sending a polite letter to the alleged offender something on the lines of "no prosecution but be more careful in future" :policeflat:
 
#13
It reminds me of the 'Not the Nine o'clock News' sketch with constable Savage arresting someone for loitering with intent.............to cross a zebra crossing.
 
#14
There has got to be more behind this story, because if there isn't, then Constable Shiny Bollocks needs an interview without coffee with the Chief Supt. Surely there's plenty of other things going on in Strathclyde's AOR to keep even the most enthusiastic rozzer busy? I wonder if this'll make Gadget's blog?
 
#15
I believe if Strathclyde officers issue 12 tickets in a month they get a free toaster.
 
#16
Hardly a proportionate response, even if he did throw the ticket away. I know the serving filth will say that he probably failed the attitude test and honestly, it still stinks. To the PC, he thought he was doing the right thing....all the more reason he should be looking for another career.
I despair.......and you wonder why people have no respect for the law.
 
#18
GordonBrown said:
Hardly a proportionate response, even if he did throw the ticket away. I know the serving filth will say that he probably failed the attitude test and honestly, it still stinks. To the PC, he thought he was doing the right thing....all the more reason he should be looking for another career.
I despair.......and you wonder why people have no respect for the law.
That saying always makes me laugh.

Because of Petty incident x, y, z people now have reasonable excuse not to have any respect for the law.
 
#19
Closet_Jibber said:
GordonBrown said:
Hardly a proportionate response, even if he did throw the ticket away. I know the serving filth will say that he probably failed the attitude test and honestly, it still stinks. To the PC, he thought he was doing the right thing....all the more reason he should be looking for another career.
I despair.......and you wonder why people have no respect for the law.
That saying always makes me laugh.

Because of Petty incident x, y, z people now have reasonable excuse not to have any respect for the law.
Yep, thats the way people think, same applies across the board in all walks of life, not just the police, its human nature. Maybe the next rozzer will think twice before sticking somebody on for such a petty offence instead of using discretion
 
#20
GordonBrown said:
Closet_Jibber said:
GordonBrown said:
Hardly a proportionate response, even if he did throw the ticket away. I know the serving filth will say that he probably failed the attitude test and honestly, it still stinks. To the PC, he thought he was doing the right thing....all the more reason he should be looking for another career.
I despair.......and you wonder why people have no respect for the law.
That saying always makes me laugh.

Because of Petty incident x, y, z people now have reasonable excuse not to have any respect for the law.
Yep, thats the way people think, same applies across the board in all walks of life, not just the police, its human nature. Maybe the next rozzer will think twice before sticking somebody on for such a petty offence instead of using discretion
You are right. It is the way people think. It's narrow minded but its true. Hence why I find it funny. As for my bold, I highly doubt it.

If we take the reaction of the armed forces to comments of them being baby killing savages when some photo's of something that "didn't quite happen like that" are leaked into the press it only served/serves to further alienate the groups. A disappointed armed forces ignored/ignores public reaction and those members of the public who would be outraged just started/start facebook groups and ranted/rant about it.

Old PC Shiney B0llocks might be a c0ck. Then again he might not be. The press hardly have a history of providing accurate facts. I personally suspect there is more to this than meets the eye as if I can't get somebody to court for having their finger prints found in a stolen vehicle and a witness to say they have driven it then I highly doubt this summons file got beyond this PC's Sergeant, Evidence Review officer and the CPS.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DozyBint Campaigns 3
tomahawk6 Multinational HQ 3
J Weapons, Equipment & Rations 5

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top