Paging the COs'

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by PE4rocks, Apr 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did you, perchance see this?

Money, Gossip and Beer - The Sunday Times.

2. "Often through candid postings by serving members" - but more usually a load of old toot by random lunatics.
    • Like Like x 19
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I hadn't spotted that but many thanks indeed - you've just made my day!
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I take offence at your use of the word 'random'.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I was wondering when somebody was going to snag that one. I would have done it myself but I would have been tempted to leave a pithy poem for future historians. Strange that the printed version puts ARRSE second behind some unheard of schoolboy money advice website. The online version mentions News from Wales but not the ARRSE.

The 100 websites that will be essential reading in 2113 | The Sunday Times

Anybody got surname and postcode for the people who compile the online version?
  6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Until 3,027 defamation claims from lawyers hit your doormat, followed by 6,438 claims for stress from easily shocked members of the public reading posts from the site's less house trained members.

7. If ARRSE is to be used for the purpose of future historical study, wouldn't it be an idea to assign a credibility rating to each user and thread?
  8. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Vital reading for anyone needing to write a book about the Harrier.

And the social history of the shed.
  9. A good idea but how do you prove credibility? It's an anonymous website to protect serving members so service history is out.

Allowing members to vote wouldn't work because chaps that have put plenty of time in, seen several operational tours and done arduous courses will be voted down by the tear stained, never served bellwhiffs that they have mercilessly called some names on the internet.
  10. Why prove it? Just allocate a credible credibility rating. In 100 years time we're not going to be here so why worry?
  11. Bugger. The ballad of baron castleshortt now stands a credible chance of being preserved for posterity.
    Given the way stories evolve in the telling, i'm putting a fiver down that in 10 centuries time t'baron will be the next king arthur. All thanks to arrse.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It is good that historians in future times will have an accurate record of how all the woes of the British Army, and subsequent demise of Great Britain prior to its takeover by the mighty EuroZone are all down to the decision to do away with the SLR!
  13. Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've said.

Although our ancestors will probably be fighting in a toxic, post apocalypse landscape over food and water in a nightmarish future that makes Mad Max resemble the Tellytubbies I can't in all honesty go to my grave thinking there's a possibility that anyone could ever be allowed to think Chocolate-frog has ever said anything of worth.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fear not, we'll light your breath as they storm up the beaches.
  15. If they are not dead already.