Paging Mr Bane.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Bosch not a bad tool, my 2 piece hammer drill, and impact driver does the job, the De Walt all right for the smaller jobs, a bit overpriced ,but I didn't pay for it. For the really big jobs, my mains Hilti, (110V) the rolls Royce of drills. I have several other smaller stuff, mainly for DIY around the house, I have about 6 battery drills, of various sizes, and a couple of mains ones, and other assorted power tools.
I have a big mean bad ass MFO drill, it kicks out 40 Joules of destruction per blow
this week it will be deployed to blast away the concrete footing in my old fence
it might even be fun
so much less stress than using a sledge hammer

I have a big mean bad ass MFO drill, it kicks out 40 Joules of destruction per blow
this week it will be deployed to blast away the concrete footing in my old fence
it might even be fun
so much less stress than using a sledge hammer

My De Walt 28v A Test model, which never went into full scale production, which was won in a competition in Professional electrician magazine 10 years ago, has a chisel function, great for chasing, and punching holes in walls.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
My De Walt 28v A Test model, which never went into full scale production, which was won in a competition in Professional electrician magazine 10 years ago, has a chisel function, great for chasing, and punching holes in walls.
I have a nice Makita for that but it only kicks out about 5 joules any more and the spline would fracture
my big MFO uses the SDS Max
its bad
I will probably lose my eyeballs with the vibration as the fence is set into the air raid shelter so will take a bit of a battering to remove

I have a nice Makita for that but it only kicks out about 5 joules any more and the spline would fracture
its bad
I will probably lose my eyeballs with the vibration as the fence is set into the air raid shelter so will take a bit of a battering to remove

Semtex, C4....far easier!

its bad
Be warned.

Last year, I hired a Hilti BMF hammer drill with a chisel bit, to remove a big chunk from a concrete slab.
I got a bit too keen, and ended up with the chisel bit immovably embedded in the concrete.

I had to make another pilgrimage to the tool hire shop for another BMF hammer drill, to release the first one.

The bloke in the tool hire office did give me an odd look, but happily took my dosh.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Be warned.

Last year, I hired a Hilti BMF hammer drill with a chisel bit, to remove a big chunk from a concrete slab.
I got a bit too keen, and ended up with the chisel bit immovably embedded in the concrete.

I had to make another pilgrimage to the tool hire shop for another BMF hammer drill, to release the first one.

The bloke in the tool hire office did give me an odd look, but happily took my dosh.
Mate even the pros do that !!
my monster has 2 bits for that reason

Mate even the pros do that !!
my monster has 2 bits for that reason
Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

Now I've just realised from your comment that I didn't have to hire another f#cking drill, just another bloody BIT.

F#ck.

Be warned.

Log splitting wedges are the same.. you always need one more than you have.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

Now I've just realised from your comment that I didn't have to hire another f#cking drill, just another bloody BIT.

F#ck.
We all learned that one the hard way !!!
the old machines use a morse taper to lock the bit, to remove it you used a little metal wedge, every idiot on my firm used to keep the wedge in his tool book in case it came in useful !!!!!!

eventually we replaced the overweight chain smoking bosses brother in law storeman, and got an Ex R.E. gentleman in to sort things out
by God he shook them up
everything had to be cleaned before return and any damage noted , and you got billed for the down time while it was being repaired ( each department or site was billed weekly)
Our firm had its own tool hire department
bosses and office staff being amongst the worst offenders for borrowing tools and breaking them, and simply dumping them near the counter
his system, You signed for the tool personally and YOU brought the tool back and YOU waited while he inspected it
it was amazing how many more tools suddenly came back into the stores, and how many had been swapped for DIY or shagged out ones
I have always cleaned tools after use and looked after them, but then it was ingrained in me from a young age

Latest Threads