Paging Mr Bane.

Ha! I knew by mentioning Mr Bane I’d get the people I need/want here!

My quest is two-fold and fairly simple – I hope. I’ve looked but cannot find. Also, I’m not in the UK, so mail order would be good. Many thanks in eager anticipation!
  • I have a Worx multi screw-driver thing – it has a magazine full of bits, one of which is a little baby drill on a standard (6mm?) hexagonal shaft, which is very handy. Before it got lost! I have looked but cannot find them for sale anywhere. Where can I get one or two?
  • Most battery drills come with a double ended (blade and crosshead) screwdriver bit in a holder. As above, where can I get them?

Ha! I knew by mentioning Mr Bane I’d get the people I need/want here!

My quest is two-fold and fairly simple – I hope. I’ve looked but cannot find. Also, I’m not in the UK, so mail order would be good. Many thanks in eager anticipation!
  • I have a Worx multi screw-driver thing – it has a magazine full of bits, one of which is a little baby drill on a standard (6mm?) hexagonal shaft, which is very handy. Before it got lost! I have looked but cannot find them for sale anywhere. Where can I get one or two?
  • Most battery drills come with a double ended (blade and crosshead) screwdriver bit in a holder. As above, where can I get them?
Have you tried (your local) eBay for both - they have quite a staggering amount of DIY stuff on there.

Just about any tool store that sells power tools. Typically you don't buy them in onesie-twosies, you buy them in a set of say hex-ended drill bits, or driver bits. it's certainly much more economical per bit to buy them that way, but you might not need all the other bits. Depends on where you are as to the brand, but Bosch are fairly universal. In the US I'd add DeWalt or Milwaukee. There are also cheap Chinese tool import chains, Harbor Freight Tools and Northern Tool, who sell their own brands of these kinds of things for fvck all. You might have something similar where you are.

If it helps any, I've got hundreds of the bastard things in every tool box, drawer and cupboard in my garage, workshop & shed. Minimum parcel postage to Europe is $14, if you want me to round up a bunch of them and send them over. You can probably get them cheaper locally though.

Have you tried (your local) eBay for both - they have quite a staggering amount of DIY stuff on there.
I have! But I don't know the 'correct' name of either bit! At least in the UK in B&Q/Screwfix etc I could try and describe what I want. The little drill thing for example was extremely handy and I've never seen one before or since. Might have to try and contact Worx.

This sort of thing? Google something like 1/4“ drive drill bits.
1585169319631.jpeg

the picture shows Milwaukee Shockwave HSS-G Red Hex Impact Rated Drill Bit 3.5mm x 2 @ £3.28 inc vat

Oh... and google ‘double ended screwdriver bits’.

Isn’t Worxx a B&Q house brand or some such?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
you can buy the chucks from screwfix
although the trade use a single ended bit

Latest Threads