Pages slow to load

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by bovvy, Mar 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? I recall seeing a question and answer to this problem a long time ago, but I cannot remember the solution, where I found it, or what I was searching for at the time.

My problem is that pages have started to take a while to load. In fact, it appears that nothing happens for around six seconds, then the page seems to load normally once that time has elapsed. I have Mac Leopard and use Safari. Having chosen the URL, the blue indicator moves to cover "http://w" then stops for a slow count of 6. After that, the page seems to load normally....... with the blue indicator moving to the right hand end of the URL. (When I read about this problem before, I was using my old Mac.)

I know it is not "life or death" (and certainly not "sexy"), but it's irritating me. Thank you in anticipation. Bovvy

2. Same here. Some times its ok, other times it seems slower than Steven Hawkins on a PFT.

3. I was thinking it was ALL websites, but it does seem to be MORE of a problem with Arrse pages. So it's a "Site Issue"? ...... or a "That would be an ecumenical matter"?.

4. blue_sophist mentioned a similar problem in the begging bowl thread earlier. Mine's only slow on arse though, everything else is ok. Maybe GoodCO has been twiddling again!

5. errrrrrrmmmmmmmmm blue_sophist"s pooter must be slow ......he has only made 24 posts today.

6. I'm finding it slow loading across all sites I've visited today so the web must be on a go slow :roll:

7. A few simple things you can do is clear your temp Internet files on a regular basis and use firefox with Google toolbar for browsing