Pages slow to load

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? I recall seeing a question and answer to this problem a long time ago, but I cannot remember the solution, where I found it, or what I was searching for at the time.

My problem is that pages have started to take a while to load. In fact, it appears that nothing happens for around six seconds, then the page seems to load normally once that time has elapsed. I have Mac Leopard and use Safari. Having chosen the URL, the blue indicator moves to cover "http://w" then stops for a slow count of 6. After that, the page seems to load normally....... with the blue indicator moving to the right hand end of the URL. (When I read about this problem before, I was using my old Mac.)

I know it is not "life or death" (and certainly not "sexy"), but it's irritating me. Thank you in anticipation. Bovvy

I was thinking it was ALL websites, but it does seem to be MORE of a problem with Arrse pages. So it's a "Site Issue"? ...... or a "That would be an ecumenical matter"?.

blue_sophist mentioned a similar problem in the begging bowl thread earlier. Mine's only slow on arse though, everything else is ok. Maybe GoodCO has been twiddling again!

bigbird67 said:
blue_sophist mentioned a similar problem in the begging bowl thread earlier. Mine's only slow on arse though, everything else is ok. Maybe GoodCO has been twiddling again!
errrrrrrmmmmmmmmm blue_sophist"s pooter must be slow ......he has only made 24 posts today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pacifist_Jihadist ARRSE: Site Issues 16
bovvy ARRSE: Site Issues 10
tattooedlady ARRSE: Site Issues 12