Pages slow in loading

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Pacifist_Jihadist, Nov 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just checking to see if its just me or not (more than likely is). But arrse pages seem to lag in loading where as other sites are fine. The top banner (logo and links to sister sites) and the section with Search, View your posts, post reply, printer friendly page etc appear instantly. But the actual post take some time to load and this is happening on the main page as well. Is anybody else getting this?

2. Yup, it's not just you.
    Have noticed the forum index page and individual forum pages being excruciatingly slow to load over last 3-4 days.
    Other sites load fine.

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I haven't noticed anything which is odd, and there is no indication of a problem, especially at 10pm and 1am. Anyone else?

4. I've noticed it, more so in the afternoon - it's likely simply heavy usage.

5. 'Tis the credit crunch slowing t'internet down.

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It shouldn't even be happening in the afternoon really. So much money has been pumped in to the latest and greatest hardware that all is well for the moment on that front, although load is a problem we've faced many times and I will monitor it carefully this afternoon.

7. Had this for a while over the weekend. Kept having to refresh the page 2 or 3 times to get the main body to show.

8. Strange happenings at this end - which I dare say is to do with our/my computers, rather than ARRSE.

The Desk-Top, in the office, is NOT updating “My Stuff”, “My Posts”; nor the ARRSE “Last 50 Posts”; since Sunday 23 November 2008.

However, both are up-to-date on the Lap-Top, that I am now using, !!

9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

RCT(V) - definitely not us guv.

10. "Good CO", at the weekend, I did look at the MSN calendar to see what day a particular date was in December, and came away without reverting back to the (then) current date. That did subsequently prevent me from downloading a Norton virus protection upgrade. Might the two be connected ?!

11. I dont know if this is of any relevence but im finding the slowness only occurs on certain sections of the site. From a quick run through the forum, Just TA, Joining Up, The Intelligence Cell and The QMs and MT seem to be working fine and loading quickly. However Current affairs, The Naafi, Charities and Welfare and The Training wing are all running slow.

Not knowing much about how the server works, by any chance are the "working" sections storied on different servers/hard drives?

12. Don't know what you tweaked, but it's worked this end!
    Pages loading much better as of Wednesday.
    Many thanks.

13. ive just spent what seems to be an age trying to get to the forum i want.click on where you want to be takes 3-4 mins to open am i too impatient or is there a problem or cure besides taking a chill pill.

14. Working as normal on my hamster powered work computer!

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

All well here too. Can you send the exact link that is causing you trouble, or is it the whole site? If the latter, and more than a short blip then it is probably trouble at your end.