page getting hijacked

whenever I am on arrse after 5 minutes the site gets hijacked by one of those you've won an iPhone click here and we'll rob you blind pages and I have to close down the web browser fully to get rid of it, only happens on ARRSE every other website is fine

Happened to me yesterday, nothing today, iPad ver 11.3 if that helps

whenever I am on arrse after 5 minutes the site gets hijacked by one of those you've won an iPhone click here and we'll rob you blind pages and I have to close down the web browser fully to get rid of it, only happens on ARRSE every other website is fine
How exactly are you getting rid of it?
I get it using my ipad and originally tried closing the browser, or double clicking and swiping up the browser. Neither worked.
I tried closing the browser and then turning the ipad off and on again and the ad still appeared.

I now just scroll the page down, click on the double squares at the top right of the screen then close the page that way. This gets rid of the ad.

Edit: ARRSE has been rediculously poor on an ipad since the update, it has loads if flaws and the sticky backspace has to be the worst of them.

How exactly are you getting rid of it?
I get it using my ipad and originally tried closing the browser, or double clicking and swiping up the browser. Neither worked.
I tried closing the browser and then turning the ipad off and on again and the ad still appeared.

I now just scroll the page down, click on the double squares at the top right of the screen then close the page that way. This gets rid of the ad.

Edit: ARRSE has been rediculously poor on an ipad since the update, it has loads if flaws and the sticky backspace has to be the worst of them.
I'm on a pc so if all else fails I use task manager to shut down edge

Building on this theme I have noticed twice in recent days (since the ARRSE recent outage/provider port, not saying it is related of course) that having browsed to ARRSE I get another tab opens automatically displaying as attached on my laptop.

Also the authority shows as d3puwfza67tpcp.cloudfront.net but this is not registered according to Whois. I didn't get the authority last time but suspect it is going to be different every time.

Has anyone else noticed the same in the last few days or otherwise know where this is coming from? I tried Spyhunter and so on but nothing was found to explain this.

Oh yes, and it makes a hideous and continuous beep as I found out when I enabled sound hardware. Kill the browser instance off ans it all disappears, till next time that is.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yep, it's been happening to me regularly for the last few weeks. Completely unable to do anything other than Ctrl Alt Delete, open task manager and shut down the browser. Happened twice today.

Yep, it's been happening to me regularly for the last few weeks. Completely unable to do anything other than Ctrl Alt Delete, open task manager and shut down the browser. Happened twice today.
Was it exactly the same event that I got and do you have any thoughts on what might have caused it?

I am able to close down the browser instance without having to go to the lengths you describe to recover. Not that that necessarily tells us much of course.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Was it exactly the same event that I got and do you have any thoughts on what might have caused it?

I am able to close down the browser instance without having to go to the lengths you describe to recover. Not that that necessarily tells us much of course.
Different browsers use memory differently. One may require drastic action, another not. I think (but I've been retired three plus years and at work I only used Windows as a VM inside Linux) Chrome is easier to interrupt than Firefox and don't even ask about IE.

I've started getting this "2018 Annual Visitor Survey"link removed incase anyone clicks on it)
page pop up today on an ancient Laptop at work. Windows 8.1, firefox and running sophos endpoint.