Page 46 Soldier Magazine May 06

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by watertight, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why oh why is he wearing stars?

2. [​IMG]

This what your talking about?

3. You tell him!

4. yep thats the one

5. hmm is this a wah ???

6. I understand the recognition of rank but it looks like he really wants that recognition. Fact is, he is a Lt Gen so the following and runners around him should make even the most complete d**khead see he needs a salute. NO NEED......DRESS REGS!

7. If he's a Lt Gen, he's diffy a star.

8. ooops, you are correct, I read the front page bottom first and not the front page top (he did look young, as a 2 star he still does). Should the front front page top not have have come first? Good obs, hasnt the 3* got a Prince Charles movement going on with the hand and wrist.

9. OK the wah question was a bit off

I took it that he is working in a multi-national unit where the star sytem is recognised,

10. He is probably tired of spams using their new found English skills ie: Hello Mate! what does that badge mean ? and can I swap it for my rifle ?

11. ^ PMSL floppyjocky, nice one!

12. That's Maj Gen John Cooper isn't it or am I going blind in my old age?

Easier rank recognition for Yanks? :?

13. Yes its him. A Maj Gen. Appropriately enough, wearing 2 stars on his collar, in addition to his British rank slide. Hardly the first time a British General Officer has worn US rank in this way while serving in a US-led formation.

Link to the SOLDIER story is HERE.

14. PRICELESS

Well done that man...Carry On.

15. And at McDonalds, I was served by a 5 star spotty yesterday... 8O