Pads & Single Soldiers

I recall that there was always a big divide between the pads and the single lads living in. But differences aside, I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of the pads who brought their wives to BAOR so that we single men had someone to shag while you were away on exercise or in Northern Ireland. That really was team thinking and buddy-buddy minded. Well done!

Pads were always giving it the big un about having their own place, was always fun though when one of them was wrapped up in an issue doss bag on the deck of a spare pitspace, they were generally weeping and necking bottles of Becks out of the room fridge. The previous statement is true though, some of you were hanging out the back of the largest collective of fat, badly dressed sweat machines ever known.

Over stretched Ron Hills,white stilletoes,fake gold hoop earings,packs of 10 No6 fags,Bulmers cider,and the faint aroma of sweat.........

Ahh.

You're one of the ardent singlies who 'will never get married'... but everynight you gaze at your hot and cold running urinal and weep, because you know the only woman to love you is your mum?

This thread made me smile. I was just reading some Rudyard Kipling stuff about soldiers hanging round the married quarters in Victorian times! It's one of the things that'll probably never change.

K

Kirkz

I recall that there was always a big divide between the pads and the single lads living in. But differences aside, I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of the pads who brought their wives to BAOR so that we single men had someone to shag while you were away on exercise or in Northern Ireland. That really was team thinking and buddy-buddy minded. Well done!
I doubt you could raise a smile, let a lone a hard on!
Have you ever had sex without paying a rent boy for it?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
This thread made me smile. I was just reading some Rudyard Kipling stuff about soldiers hanging round the married quarters in Victorian times! It's one of the things that'll probably never change.
IIRC it was the other way round you could hardly move in the block for wives
I remember one wife knocking on my window and climbing in "just to see what I was up to"
That way you can shag in comfort near your own gear
Some of the quarter interiors looked like they been caught in an Argos IED

ahh, pads wives. Remember the RWF going off to NI from Tidworth, and the following friday the Ram was full of cock-hungry welsh she-midgets with Swansea facelifts and nicotine stained fingers swigging cider and black, and looking for throbbing singly meat.

'twas the closest I have been to heaven

My block was just next to the Range Road at Hohne at every time the other regiments went on exercise we knew it was Shag time.

I still get a twitch every time I hear a 432 or Abbot

Thanks all you Welsh & Scots Guards and 40 Fd and 1RHA, you made Hohne so much more bearable:)

Rear party is named for just that. - when the lads go away us singlies on the rear details end up smashing there back doors in, hence the name "rear party"....

Rear party is named for just that. - when the lads go away us singlies on the rear details end up smashing there back doors in, hence the name "rear party"....
Funny you say that, because when I first joined ARRSE I was scared to click on the 'Rear Party' tab as I thought it was a site especially for our queer bretheren.

It was a difficult time when you'd smashed a pad wife and then you got wind that one of the unit's blokes had been killed on ops. There was always a desperate search to find out if it'd been her husband.

Well, you needed to know if she was going to want some 'comfort', didn't you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Weapons, Equipment & Rations 24
broadsword Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
broadsword Juniors 62