Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by error_unknown, Dec 31, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I was a singly living in the block, (85-96) one of the things that never ceased to amaze me, was the levels of stinginess them beansteling pads could stoop to.
    Every time you went to the toilet you'd catch one nicking the bog roll. There was a Sally army wagon used to turn up at the wagon park at 0930 every morning selling brews. This pad used to turn up with his own cup with a teabag in it and ask the Sally bash man for some hot water.
    I'd be interested to hear if this particular army tradition has been continued and/or expanded!!!
  2. haha i like that one...... ;D
    things still havent changed, any chance of a free meal in the cook house or a free brew in any dept is still a winner!!

a worth while army tradition still upstands  8)
  3. Just come across from the Sapper thread, I can sympathise with you although I'm now a stinker myself.

When I was in Germany, one of our section commanders got given a complete section of sprogs to "break in" on exercise.

He was going on a caravan holiday around Europe when it finished, so he decided it would be a good idea to get as much compo as he could to take with him to save on food.

Consequently the section went hungry!

• Like Like x 1
  4. when I was in.. us pads only went in the cookhoue to save on all thefood going to waste... honest
  5. thats the way it is!!!  get as much out of the army as possible  ;D
  6. Sort of carrying on the beanstealing thing, whilst working with a rock ape in some far flung exotic land. He told me of a bloke who worked in the training wing who used to run the ranges.
    Anyway, during the week he used to get the Toms to put any scoff they didn't want from their deathpacks  in a black bin bag (panda pop, naafi bourbon biscuits, benson's crisps etc).
    At the end of the week he would take the food home to his kitchen. He would then issue his kids with their pocket money and they would scamper off. A minute or so later there would be a knock at the kitchen serving hatch and he would open the hatch with the announcment that "The tuck shop's open". And his youths would exchange their pockect money for the various discarded death pack items from the ranges.
    Now as much as I like to give the RAF grief, that is pretty impressive.
  7. haha you gotta be happy with that one !!!

that made me laugh, better still it gives me ideas with my kids  ;D
  8. well who care's,

frankly the army wastes alot of food so to see a pad in the cookhouse or should i say the resturant as i was told by the master chef on the the meeting, it's good to see that not so much is going to waste.

did you know when you go on exercise the rations that are supplied are paid by singlies from the daily rate! cheeky twats or what!

9. It reminds me of a couple in NI years ago.  they turned up for a Sqn function carrying a load of plastic bags that they hid under their table.  Onve everyone had had their food from the buffet, the chefs came out to ask if everyone had finished.  When everyone said that htey had, out came the bags and from within appeared numerous Tupperware containers.  The gypsies then proceded to fill the containers with all of the leftover food to take home!!!

10. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

That's quality and I bet the scabby mo fo's had it on the hot plate the next day!!!!
  11. Whatever! Once PAYD kicks in you singlies can stop whining about the Pads "stealing" your meals! Not that half of you even go to scoff in the first place! It'll be interesting to see how many of you will be in the Med Centre for malnutrition so that you can save a few extra beer tokens when PAYD arrives.
  12. Why is stealing in inverted commas, you robbing pad fcuker?
    If you are eating food that you haven't paid for, you are a beanstealing pad. When PAYD does come in, it will free up more time for you to steal toilet rolls or scrump compo.
  13. Sweet! Have u seen the price of toilet paper-i'll be glad of some of yours. As for the compo-kids have got to eat something this Xmas.
    Thanks again! I'll look forward to my next visit. You might see me - smug look, white mark on wedding finger where ring was oh, and 2 portions! :D
  14. haha nice one sanman :lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. My mate used to always take the left over compo after exercise in Germany to feed to his kids. This meant that for the first couple of years of their lives, they never had a regular bowel movement, and constantly looked in pain, and fear of the toilet.

You know who your are Alan Y.