Padlocks For Basic - Why So Many?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by This Tribe, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

Padlocks seem to be regular item for discussion in the My List For Basic thread with most people being told to take 5 although some also get told to bring 8 combination ones!! At £4-5 each this is some fairly serious expenditure which would obviously be much better spent on an iron/beers depending on your priorities.

Whilst I can see at a push you might need two (1 external, 1 internal) on a 6 foot locker and another on your foot locker wtf are the rest for?
  2. You need spares in case someone nicks some. Durrrr
  3. There may be some Kingo's about!!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Suitcases, kitbags, chastity belts, using them as impromptu earrings etc.
  5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Tie a big one to your bellend and let it swing low, the ladieeeez love it!! Try it....
  6. It's to stop SIB planting evidence!!
  7. where else will you keep all the stuff you nick from the other recruits.
    lock it away with a padlock & they will never know it's you!
  8. Just take one and show how everyone else has been worng for the past 30 years!
  9. Don't be such a mincer, get it pierced....the ladieeeez love that more (and if get bored you can add padlocks to a cbr)

(Ok, its time to fess up....I'm a small-timing Walter Mitty walt)
  10. They probably have a thread asking how many bolt cutters they need to take for basic...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Take it a lot of stealing goes on?

Everyone has the same kit list or do people just do their shopping once they've arrived?
  13. You may be able to leave your locker unlocked and lose no kit, but you will find a vicious monster that lurks in the ceiling pays a visit to your locker when you all leave the room. He has no mercy for locker layouts.
  14. Haha!

I'll say no more... :)
  15. Chaps, if you don't know the answer then keep quiet, you will only end up with an infraction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.