PADI medical

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by syledis, Jun 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anyone on here is a PADI instructor or has experience of the criteria for the medical involved can you PM me please

2. Can you breath ,

You pass.

PADI = put another dollar in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. its a bit more complicated than that!!!

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You're right, the Doctor needs to sign it too :)

5. Bit like PULHEEMS with a bit added on to include checking that you can equalise your ears iirc. Top tip for diving is to use decongestants to keep the tubes clear....wish some fecker had advised me of that before I went in the briny!

6. Its for a shark dive at deep sea world in Edinburgh for my kids so need advice please

7. You need to be over 16 years of age and you need to meet the medical requirements on the questionnaire download. You need to be a PADI Open Water diver or equivalent and to have logged a dive within 6 months.

Is it safe?

You need to be over 16 years of age and you need to meet the medical requirements on the questionnaire download. You need to be a PADI Open Water diver or equivalent and to have logged a dive within 6 months.

this is from their site ! What part don't you understand?

So your kids are PADI divers then?

8. One does what one can. Hope you have a nice day with the fish.

9. If you are doing OW or AOW then you self certify yourself anyway, what course is it for? If it is just fir the shark dive are you already qualified, if so then you shouldnt need a medical.

10. Its a dive with sharks experience from age 8 to 16 but you have to fill in a padi medical before you can do it and before i mention it to them i want to make sure they can pass it

11. My son has passed his Padi Bubble maker (basically an introduction to scuba) the medical was nothing more than a questionaire i filled out, i think the shark dive also includes the bubblemaker

12. Sent you a PM

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'm a PADI instructor, drop me a PM and I'll get back to you later this evening.