paderborn

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by sappersslapper, Jan 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. me and our new baby are due to follow my hubby to paderborn in a few weeks.It is our first posting abroad.Everyone i spoke to at our last camp said its the best post to get for families and they wish they where going.i was just wondering if anyone could tell me their expreriences and how they found it there.my hubby wud also like sum indication to if the horror stories about initiation and drinking pints filled with spunk and pubes are true.............wimp!heehee

2. Nooo, you'll probably get away with just having to meet the OC's other half. Wives' Club is pretty civilized from what I hear...

3. Must be an Engineer thing, everyone else just gets the beers in? Paderborn is OK and lets face it you could have been going to Hohne (Twinned with Hell).

4. ....................

5. Is this your first experience of the wives club :p :D Oh dear, you are in for a surprise. Basically the CO/OC's wife continually pop round to see if you are doing OK and invite you to coffee mornings you'd rather avoid. Be aware that the visits are actually a recce to check out your decor, dress and children. You will then be talked about at every function you don't attend. Buy some head scarves and cover your tattoos (if any).

6. Remember with a 'monica' like SapperSlapper you aren't going to get the same scrutineering from the OC's wife that you'd expect from the infantry, cavalry or even some of the other Corps. So don't worry too much about that, just enjoy Paderborn and remember that if you don't like the german culture, you've got McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and NAAFI Max.... not to mention the delights of 'Bonny's Diner' (open 24/7).

7. thanks for advice

8. I hear they have a great library. May I suggest checking out a few books on spelling and grammar?

9. I think it's a deliberate thing to add character to young SapperSlapper's posts and done in such a way is quite quaint. What isn't very quaint at all though is a colonial pointing out to someone who's British their gramatical and spelling errors.

Ain't you done gotten no schoolin'? It's called English, we are English, so any way we choose to write or spell is correct. You are American, so why don't you start speaking Spanish.... you will be soon!

10. Yo ya hablo español, así que se calló, chico de mamás! ¡Pronto será un requisito de hablar español obtener apenas una cerveza por aquí! :D

Mate, I live in Florida, you have no idea how close to the truth you are. :wink:

11. My Mrs has just moved from California..... I do, I do!! 8O

12. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Plant-Pilot.......have you just married a colonial?

Me and Woopert need to come round and straighten you out on a few things.

:?

13. Who said she was a colonial? I should think that the daftest of you out there would have more sense than to think I'd sink so low..... she is an English Maiden, but was working out there until I rescued her wearing my best shinny armour and riding the whitest of chargers! (Plane tickets in pocket helped a bit too!)

14. ..................................................

15. quite true, everywhere i go there are hisspanic people and the second language is spanish and they are the only thin people round the place nearly everybody else is fat.