Paddy Pantsdown in Browns Cabinet

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Victorian_Major, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I saw that earlier on the BBC website and was thinking the same thing. Paddy Ashdown as NI secretary - I really don't think so.
  2. See it from their point of view - they would really struggle to give us someone more odious and dismissive than Hain. But have had a really good go.
  3. I see, so NI secretary because the Paddy is Irish? Y

The man has proven himself in Bosnia, and you decide to offer him that slot? I'm surprised Paddy didn't retort with "Fcuk off, strong letter follows"

Oh , he did :D

Now, the ME envoy slot on the other hand........
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I meant as an ex he might be a little too hardline for liabours love your local terrorist campain.

I suspect from his words in the report he probably did say fcuk off - he may not use that word but thats clearly what he intimates. :twisted:
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He's got smarts though hasn't he? I imagine the conversation went something like "Hey there, thought I'd offer you a place in my cabinet, looking after Norn-iron. Fancy it?"

"Not bl00dy likely you dour, sour short fellah! What do you take me for, one of your mugs? If you want someone to take the rap for your party's disgusting and cretinous policies and for sucking up to PIRA, find one of your bl00dy own. On the other hand, any space in the Armed Forces Minister's chair? I'd soon sort that out, but probably not to your liking you tight-wad."
  6. Somewhere under a tartan blanket Ming is sipping a Horlicks and wondering why the postman doesn't come anymore...
  7. Was the idea of Lord Ashdown as Defence Secretary not raised on here during the Navy chaps' sojourn in Tehran? Perhaps higher powers than we think are lurking on ARRSE?

If so, fcuk off you spineless, uninspiring, lying, cheating, robbing, peudo-political, rat ******** b@stards.
  8. Paddy for Armed Forces Minister?

A secret matelot in the chair? I am liking this idea very much, I suspect he would too.

Oh that and ME envoy :D
  9. No what he actually said was "Gordon this wine tastes funny - has it gone off or something? Matbe the chalice is dirty"

On a more serious note, ME envoy he would be good at. Kissing Dubyas arrse probably less so.