Paddy Ashdowns view on what next?

PartTimePongo said:
I'm sure those Arrsers who were intimate with Bosnia , Kosovo and the aftermath , will add their views.
Sorry PTP, but his ignorant drivel doesn't deserve a response. And that's from someone considered to be biased towards the Serbs!

KGB_resident said:
Kosovo, why? There was an order from Washington. The Americans tried to demonstrate to the whole World how they can punish those who disagree with their dictate. Do you PTP really believe that the fate of Albanians in Kosovo was the real cause?

So called 'International Tribunal' is no more than a tool to implement American political will. Miloshevic was no more guilty than senior Croatian and Bosnian politicians. What is the difference between Bosnian president Izetbegovic and mr.Karadjic? As for war crimes then they are on the same level. Gen. Mladic is no more guilty than Croatian and Muslim commanders.

Though I agree that an expression 'historic Christian allies' sounds laughably. Great Britain hadn't allies but had once own interests. Now the second component is vanished from this formula.
Sergei, your English is good, very good in fact. But occasionally, you miss the nuances of native-speaker banter - or deliberately choose to do so.

PTP is not suggesting that Serbs were the only bad guys on the block, nor is he suggesting that America et. al. did what they did out of the goodness of their heart. All he is pointing out is that Hereward's understanding of historical fact is somewhat Backward!

You've completely missed the point of his posts.

Some Serbs got up to some rather nasty things in the 90s, and yes it is also correct that others did too. Nevertheless, it does not lessen the the revulsion that we should feel for what they did. I only have to walk 20 paces out of my flat to come across a lifesize poster of Mladic. Just this week, the district/area where I live granted the largest vote to the SRS. Almost daily I am confronted on the street and asked to donate to some fund or other that finances either Seselj's 'defence' or Mladic's 'good welfare'. 30% of the population here still think they are lillywhite virgins who did no wrong!

Serbia remains a bit of a mess, and yes the blame lies on the International Community's doorstep. In fact, as much of the blame lies on the steps of the Kremlin as it does Pennsylvania Avenue - but that's another story!

whiffler said:
Independent article
Paddy Ashdown: 'Troops home by Christmas' is not an option
You must commit over a long period as much or more of your resources as during the war
Published: 25 January 2007

snip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The international community, usually with US leadership, has undertaken statebuilding missions about once every two years since the end of the Cold War...<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snap

....... anyone take that particular publication?.

Paddy for next head of UN ??
No I don't take that particular publication mate but thank you for placing that so's I could have a gander anyway.

Definitely, Mr Ashdown is amongst the few politicians I admire and will stop what I'm doing to listen to him. Only an ex-service politician can understand the consequences of committing troops to action.

So yes, Paddy Ashdown for next head of UN.

KGB_resident said:
PartTimePongo said:
So Milosevic, Mladic and Karadjic are simply the result of a campaign of lies and disinformation by Mr. Ashdown?

Is the International Criminal Tribunal simply a device to persecute our 'Historic Christian Allies"?

Why did we go into Bosnia and Kosovo again, can you remember Hereward?
Kosovo, why? There was an order from Washington. The Americans tried to demonstrate to the whole World how they can punish those who disagree with their dictate. Do you PTP really believe that the fate of Albanians in Kosovo was the real cause?

So called 'International Tribunal' is no more than a tool to implement American political will. Miloshevic was no more guilty than senior Croatian and Bosnian politicians. What is the difference between Bosnian president Izetbegovic and mr.Karadjic? As for war crimes then they are on the same level. Gen. Mladic is no more guilty than Croatian and Muslim commanders.

Though I agree that an expression 'historic Christian allies' sounds laughably. Great Britain hadn't allies but had once own interests. Now the second component is vanished from this formula.
Dobro Jutro Sergey!

FFS you can't be trying to justify any of what went on in FY.

Fairs fair your lot got a B117 courtesy of the treasonous Frog (maybe thats who Hereward the **** was referring to!). It was a Civil War and they are the most unpleasant of all wars. The effects still reverberate around the region to this day. The sad thing is that SOME people are being brought to trial but not at the right level or rate.

However (and watch my lips - word play - woman with tight jeans = mumbles = lips are moving but you can't make out what they are saying)
a Greater Serbia never was, isn't going to and never will, happen.

Refer to previous threads about fascism.

:thumright: :thumright:

We must have a drink together some time; how about a large Smirnoff and Wiseup!!

Hereward

Old-Salt
PartTimePongo said:
No, I don't want a cut and paste from a foaming at the mouth website, I want you to answer the question as posed, in simple terms.

How was our intervention in Bosnia and Kosovo 'Treasonous'. How was treason commited?

That cut and paste, also fails to point out how Mr. Ashdown "spread lies"

It also seems very careful to avoid mentioning any instances where the Serb Army, Police or Paramilitaries may have committed any crimes?

So the EU (under German direction) the USA and the UN conducted the most illegal war of all time, without UN approval, destroyed the most ethnically mixed State in the Balkans (Serbia) and brought about the most ethnically and religiously pure state of Croatia and a religiously divided Bosnia
Apart from the contradiction in that paragraph - The UN conducted an illegal war, then the UN did it without it's own approval. Eh?

UN Resolution 1160

http://www.nato.int/kosovo/docu/u980331a.htm

I'm sure those Arrsers who were intimate with Bosnia , Kosovo and the aftermath , will add their views.
First of all Rodney Atkinson is a respected conservative economist and a former economic adviser to the Conservative Party. He is not some paranoid fantasist.

Our government committed treason by attacking a friendly country on behalf of the EU's fascist proxy Croatia; Iranian and Saudi-backed Islamo-Fascists, and Arab mujaheddin, in Bosnia; and Enver Hoxha's Marxist-Leninist KLA drug gangs and whoremongers in Kosovo (backed by Communist Parties across Europe), also with ties to al-Qaeda.

Please see these two damning US Senate reports (on which Rodney Atkinson's article was based):

Clinton-Approved Iranian Arms Transfers Help Turn Bosnia into Militant Islamic Base

The Kosovo Liberation Army: Does Clinton Policy Support Group with Terror, Drug Ties?

Also read this detailed report by Jewish-American conservative analyst Julia Gorin: A Balkan Base for Al Qaeda?

rickshaw-major said:
KGB_resident said:
PartTimePongo said:
So Milosevic, Mladic and Karadjic are simply the result of a campaign of lies and disinformation by Mr. Ashdown?

Is the International Criminal Tribunal simply a device to persecute our 'Historic Christian Allies"?

Why did we go into Bosnia and Kosovo again, can you remember Hereward?

Dobro Jutro Sergey!

FFS you can't be trying to justify any of what went on in FY.

Fairs fair your lot got a B117 courtesy of the treasonous Frog (maybe thats who Hereward the * was referring to!). It was a Civil War and they are the most unpleasant of all wars. The effects still reverberate around the region to this day. The sad thing is that SOME people are being brought to trial but not at the right level or rate.

However (and watch my lips - word play - woman with tight jeans = mumbles = lips are moving but you can't make out what they are saying)
a Greater Serbia never was, isn't going to and never will, happen.

Refer to previous threads about fascism.

:thumright: :thumright:

We must have a drink together some time; how about a large Smirnoff and Wiseup!!
Drink together? Why not? Though I rarely drink much. As a rule no more than 300-400 mg of vodka (as maximum 750).

Greater Serbia, Greater Croatia, Greater Albania... They are not my problems. Though from my point of view all these projects should be closed. It would be fair.

Oh for Christ's sake, give me a break. The Serbs are morons who pretty much deserve everything that's happened to them. No wonder Milosevic's parent's killed themselves- with him as a son. They were allies of convenience with the west in WW2- no more (that is those who didn't join up with the Krauts yes there was a Serbian puppet state). When else have they ever done anything to be regarded as "good" or "allies?"

merkator said:
Sergei, your English is good, very good in fact. But occasionally, you miss the nuances of native-speaker banter - or deliberately choose to do so.
Merkator, if our dear PTP thinks that I understand his questions in the wrong way, answered incorrectly then he would comment it, give his own answers.

merkator said:
PTP is not suggesting that Serbs were the only bad guys on the block, nor is he suggesting that America et. al. did what they did out of the goodness of their heart.
Of course.

merkator said:
All he is pointing out is that Hereward's understanding of historical fact is somewhat Backward!
...and as you may see in fact I support PTP's point about 'historical Christian allis'. It is not right to use this term toward the Serbs.

merkator said:
You've completely missed the point of his posts.
I'm not sure that I totally missed the point. I just answered his questions. BTW, do you agree with me, with my answers?

merkator said:
Some Serbs got up to some rather nasty things in the 90s, and yes it is also correct that others did too. Nevertheless, it does not lessen the the revulsion that we should feel for what they did.
As I see you agree with my point that all sides in Yugoslavian conflicts are (almost) equally guilty.

merkator said:
I only have to walk 20 paces out of my flat to come across a lifesize poster of Mladic. Just this week, the district/area where I live granted the largest vote to the SRS. Almost daily I am confronted on the street and asked to donate to some fund or other that finances either Seselj's 'defence' or Mladic's 'good welfare'.
I fancy that in Croatia you would easily find posters in support of gen.Gotovina who was sent to the Hague relatively recently.

merkator said:
30% of the population here still think they are lillywhite virgins who did no wrong!
Only 30%? In other parts of former Yugoslavia this percent is likely much bigger. How many Bosnians or Croatiams think this way? Great majority I suppose.

merkator said:
Serbia remains a bit of a mess, and yes the blame lies on the International Community's doorstep. In fact, as much of the blame lies on the steps of the Kremlin as it does Pennsylvania Avenue - but that's another story!
Kremlin? I don't understand in what way Russia could be blamed. What the Russians did wrong in Yugoslavia (in 90's) exactly?

Crazy_FOO

Old-Salt
Great website. Only thing missing are the articles on how Elvis married into the Royal Family so he could become Grand Master of the Windsor lodge. And er the Jews. And the UN.

And the oil companies.

Er...that's it

We must have a drink together some time; how about a large Smirnoff and Wiseup!![/quote]

Drink together? Why not? Though I rarely drink much. As a rule no more than 300-400 mg of vodka (as maximum 750).

[/quote]

Sergey are you sure you are Russian - couple of slugs of Vodka??? Come on - that IS a Wah!

rickshaw-major said:

KGB_resident said:
Sergey are you sure you are Russian - couple of slugs of Vodka??? Come on - that IS a Wah!
mg - means milligallon. Joke. Really I meant milliliters.

Hereward said:
PartTimePongo said:
No, I don't want a cut and paste from a foaming at the mouth website, I want you to answer the question as posed, in simple terms.

How was our intervention in Bosnia and Kosovo 'Treasonous'. How was treason commited?

It also seems very careful to avoid mentioning any instances where the Serb Army, Police or Paramilitaries may have committed any crimes?

So the EU (under German direction) the USA and the UN conducted the most illegal war of all time, without UN approval, destroyed the most ethnically mixed State in the Balkans (Serbia) and brought about the most ethnically and religiously pure state of Croatia and a religiously divided Bosnia
Apart from the contradiction in that paragraph - The UN conducted an illegal war, then the UN did it without it's own approval. Eh?

UN Resolution 1160

First of all Rodney Atkinson is a respected conservative economist and a former economic adviser to the Conservative Party. He is not some paranoid fantasist.

Our government committed treason by attacking a friendly country on behalf of the EU's fascist proxy Croatia; Iranian and Saudi-backed Islamo-Fascists, and Arab mujaheddin, in Bosnia; and Enver Hoxha's Marxist-Leninist KLA drug gangs and whoremongers in Kosovo (backed by Communist Parties across Europe), also with ties to al-Qaeda.

Please see these two damning US Senate reports (on which Rodney Atkinson's article was based):

Clinton-Approved Iranian Arms Transfers Help Turn Bosnia into Militant Islamic Base

The Kosovo Liberation Army: Does Clinton Policy Support Group with Terror, Drug Ties?

Also read this detailed report by Jewish-American conservative analyst Julia Gorin: A Balkan Base for Al Qaeda?
This is absolute drivel. Does Hereward know what the word treason means or did he pick it up from David Icke along with his Avatar of the Reptilian Interdimensional Alien that is enslaving us all?

Bring out the Bacofoil, Hereward needs a new hat.

EX_STAB said:
There's no place in British politics for a man of Mr Ashdown's intelligence, experience and integrity. After all he only had an affair once and was decent enough to straighten things up with his wife. [b]Hardly rates as a score compared with the[/b] bedhopping, outright lying and general moral bankruptcy of the current lot.
. . . or the lot immediately before the current lot. Y'know, nice chaps like:
Rifkind,
Archer,
Aitken
Soames

Stonker said:
EX_STAB said:
There's no place in British politics for a man of Mr Ashdown's intelligence, experience and integrity. After all he only had an affair once and was decent enough to straighten things up with his wife. [b]Hardly rates as a score compared with the[/b] bedhopping, outright lying and general moral bankruptcy of the current lot.
. . . or the lot immediately before the current lot. Y'know, nice chaps like:
Rifkind,
Archer,
Aitken
Soames
Agreed.
Not to mention the arch invertebrate Michael Howard.

Hereward

Old-Salt
EX_STAB said:
Hereward said:
PartTimePongo said:

UN Resolution 1160

This is absolute drivel. Does Hereward know what the word treason means or did he pick it up from David Icke along with his Avatar of the Reptilian Interdimensional Alien that is enslaving us all?
Can you please explain why this is drivel? I would say aiding and abetting strategic enemies on behalf of the EU would be called treason.

BTW, my avatar is the Wyvern of Wessex, the Anglo-Saxon flag of England.

Considering most of the major holiday companies now offer and are selling loads of trips to most of the ex yugo states, it would seem Paddy has done a good job. He is a no bullsh1t man as far as I can see, and may be one of the best PM's we have never had. We may still have gone into Iraq/Afghanistan, but not without planned exit strategy, and I doubt he would have pushed around by Bush jnr or believed any of the MI6 hype?
This bloke would have scared the sh1t out of the US mil command, and they might not have invited us anyway?

I am not keen on MP's generally, but Paddy seems to have his feet on the ground and not in the trough, I respect him even if I do not agree with all his views, like I respected Mo Molam (lets face it Mandy didn’t get NI where it is Mo did).

Hereward

Old-Salt
"Global space is now lawless and there is a need to bring governance on a global scale. Only the Liberal Democrats have a strategic vision based on a long history of internationalism which runs through the party like DNA, to face up to these trends."

Jeremy John Durham Ashdown

Sven

LE
Hereward said:
"Global space is now lawless and there is a need to bring governance on a global scale. Only the Liberal Democrats have a strategic vision based on a long history of internationalism which runs through the party like DNA, to face up to these trends."

Jeremy John Durham Ashdown
And so very true

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slipperman The Intelligence Cell 77
D Miscellaneous Jokes 12
General_Layabout Miscellaneous Jokes 3

Latest Threads