Packing for BATUS

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by DelbertG, Jul 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was wondering if anybody could help me with advice on packing for BATUS, I've just moved to an armoured infantry battalion from light role
  2. A Warrior would be useful.
  3. Combats. Webbing. 3 sets of civvis.

Money or the means to obtain it.

**** me, have times change THAT much in 15 years?
  4. Tell your bank that you'll be over here in Canada. Then tell them again. Then you'll have to probably tell them again once you're here. They never listen and always freeze the accounts.

If you're coming over right away then it's 25 to 35C weather right now. Lots of mozzies out biting everyone. Once here during this time get yourself into Med Hat to the Walmart and buy the Watkins Mozzie repellant. It's the best one we've found for these suckers out here at the base which seem bigger than the ones in Med Hat. We sit out at the base for hours on end and the Off brand doesn't seem to work well and Canex overcharges for everything out here.
  5. Top Tip: spare pair of laces tucked into the little loop inside the flap of one of your kidney pouches.

Now, where did the SLR thread go to..?
  6. A BFO bottle of talcum powder. hoy it in your socks every morning and it saves on washing them.
    Saying that though, I remember after about 5 or 6 days my socks would be set hard when I came to put them on in the morning.
    Also adding to that, there was a perfectly good laundry service, I cannot remember the thought process that lead me to believe 'talcum powder is the way ahead'
  7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Work clothes, boots, gat.....
  8. Fags, cheque book and a Mozzie headnet!
  9. Money, spares liver and kidneys
  10. Lots and lots and lots of money,was over there two months ago on exercise and everything is unbelievably expensive,I thought the UK was a ripoff but after being over there I relised it isn't!