Packing away a Basha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All,

Wondering if I could get a few pointers.

Is there a "correct" or best way to pack up a Basha? If so, what is it?

I've tried folding and rolling in various combinations but the slippery bastard always ends up looking like an uneven mess and is then a bastard to get in it's bag.

Any help appreciated.

Get the air out first. Sometimes it's better to just shove in randomly if you're ok with redistributing any mud and soil that may be stuck to it.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Simply pop it in your bum roll of your 58 webbing next to your noddy suit.

Worked for decades in BAOR.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Fold it first to a manageable size then roll it even smaller, a couple of decent elastic bands or straps that can be tightened to keep it compact, job jobbed.

Folding it will train creases into the material which will eventually develop into weak spots and leaks from repeated folding. Stuff it into the sack any old how and you'll increase its lifespan and avoid those nasty 3am drips.

Or at least postpone them to your 60s.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Get one of your soldiers to pack it for you :)

poo_finger

Old-Salt
Shove it into the top zip pouch of a PLCE Bergan. Job done.

None of that fancy rolling stuff applies!

Yarra

Old-Salt
Just stuff it in your Bergan.. And make sure you tie your bungees to the loop holes on the basha, so you don't lose bungees on a 'bug out'

That, or get your driver to do it for you ;-)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Morning All,

Wondering if I could get a few pointers.

Is there a "correct" or best way to pack up a Basha? If so, what is it?

I've tried folding and rolling in various combinations but the slippery bastard always ends up looking like an uneven mess and is then a bastard to get in it's bag.

Any help appreciated.
Join the Crabs and check in.

Slime

LE
Buy a compression sack. Suff the basha into the sack, then compress it to a small size. Its much easier and quicker to stuff into a large sack than a tight fitting one.

If you want to be fancy buy a compression sack with a mesh base so the basha will dry out while in the sack.

Roughly stuff it and wrap it with the attached bungies

It worked with your mother

Buy a compression sack. Suff the basha into the sack, then compress it to a small size. Its much easier and quicker to stuff into a large sack than a tight fitting one.

If you want to be fancy buy a compression sack with a mesh base so the basha will dry out while in the sack.
The DS answer.

Leaving bungees attached.

I'd sometimes use a fifth bungee to turn the basha into a slight pyramid shape; this bungee can be used to wrap the tent pegs to the compression sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads