Packing a bergen for tabbing

Might seem like a stupied question, but what is good to use as weight in a bergen, i need around 40 - 45lbs by using things around the house

It needs to be packed properly of course as if i was doing a CFT for example, i've tried wraping bath towels around metal weights but there no good, i ended up with all the weight at the bottom of my bergen.

Just wondering if anyone has had to do the same while training, and found a go source of weight that dosent nacker your back.

Cheers

Sand in small packages tightly bound so it doesnt leak out, if you put them in packages the size of a four pack then you can spread the weight, alternatively just carry lots of four packs so you can get sloshed on the tab around.....

Sapper007 said:
i ended up with all the weight at the bottom of my bergen.
Then put stuff like your gonk bag, NBC suit, etc at the bottom of the bergan and the weights on top.

I thought you wedges were supposed to be smart?

go to an army surplus store and buy a few water bottles, good for weight and no-one can complain about you not packing your bergan with military kit.

Fill a sandbag with sand to the required weight or as previously posted, fill smaller bags with differing weights of sand wrapped and taped up - that way you can increase/decrease as you see fit.

Rolls of roof lead folder tight and compact into weights exactly the same size as SA80 magazines. You can fit these into the various pockets of your bergan or alternatively you can use your webbing and put them in your ammo pouches therefore keeping the weight to your front and close to your body.

A case of Stella , you can leave it in its 24 can formation or you can
spead it about in your pouches etc etc . As the miles tick by ''crack''
open a can on the move . Keep doing that and by the 8 mile point
you should be too hammered to care what state your Bergan is in .

PUT LIGHT STUFF AT THE BOTTOM AND HEAVY STUFF AT THE TOP OF YOUR BERGAN, THIS WAY YOUR SHOULDERS WILL CARRY THE WEIGHT AND NOT YOUR BACK THUS ENABLING YOU TO TAB FURTHER WITH LESS DISCOMFORT. IF YOU CAN, PACK SOFT STUFF AGAINST THAT WILL BE AGAINST YOUR BACK TOO.

TRUST ME I KNOW MY SHITE WHEN IT COMES TO TABBING

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
but evidently not how the caps lock key works...

Keep the weight at the top for tabbing if you can. That way you'll bear more of the weight on your shoulders as opposed to down your shoulders and back. So, clothing, pillow etc. below and I squash in old magazines and newspapers up top. May sound strange but you can get your bergan fitting comfy, balanced and control the weight accurately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Training Wing 54
1ManRiot The Training Wing 5
D The Training Wing 17