Pachmayr Grips - Browning 9mm

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Bubbles_Barker, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd like to get some Pachmayr grips for the standard issue 9mm Browning HP as I have huge ape-like hands :oops: . The only places on t'interweb seem to be either the company themselves or weird US outlets that won't deliver to UK.

Does anyone know if there is there a company in UK that can provide?

2. Check your PMs

3. Midway UK.

4. You will have to mod them due to the landyard ring

5. Used to have a set for work, excellent. Modding them is easy either get a pair of tin snips or strong pair of pliers and a file to trim off the bottom corner for the laynard. Or if you job allows you not to use a lesh then twist and pull and the ring and its stud just pull out.

P.S. As Sigs were issued on Telic 12, I would be cautious about spending to much as that was in 2008, it would be nice to think that we may soon have enough to retire the HP.

6. Used to have a set for work, excellent. Modding them is easy either get a pair of tin snips or strong pair of pliers and a file to trim off the bottom corner for the laynard. Or if you job allows you not to use a lesh then twist and pull and the ring and its stud just pull out.

P.S. As Sigs were issued on Telic 12, I would be cautious about spending to much as that was in 2008, it would be nice to think that we may soon have enough to retire the HP.

7. They are still issuing brownings, still not enough pistols for all!

8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I was never too happy with Pachmayr grips - if you grip the pistol incorrectly in the first place, it's a bu66er to re-adjust.

I know it's hot and sweaty out in 'Stan, so perhaps it's different.
    I suppose what I'm saying is "What problem are you trying to solve?"
    Is it just the big hands? And if so, in what context?

9. Without throwing water on your fire, are these for an issue pistol? I ask because during the late eighties in was de'riguer to have pachmayer grips on the browning in certain circles, until it was pointed out that this was a modification of the weapon and therefore wasn't authorised. To have fired the weapon in anger would have resulted in prosecution - is this still the case, or one of those wind-ups done on siggy techs?

10. I used Pachmayr grips for years in NI in the 80s and they were great - which is why I need a set now. I'm not worried about 'legality' or any other pish about 'illegal' mods.

The chances of me actually firing my Browning in anger are massively minimal but if I do then I would like to have a good grip - and I know from experience that PM grips do it for me. I will of course alter them to cope with the lanyard ring.

So, Gun_Nut et al thanks for your excellent advice - I have already ordered a set of grips. I know people rave about the Sig, but I am happy to have an HP thanks.

11. 'Technically' you are correct about the whole modding issue, However I would say that its at the same level as putting an M4 down grip on the rifle instead of the bipod one- only a complete **** type is going to pick you up for it.

Where did you order them bubbles?

12. Midway UK as helpfully suggested by Gun_Nut above :D